The Fully Funded ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships is open to all internationals who want to pursue a post-doctoral degree. The fellowship period is 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance, and additional benefits.
The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programs as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Fully Funded ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
READ ALSO: UNILAG MASTERS IN URBAN MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships are stated below:
1. Required Language: English.
2. Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
3. Degree requirements: Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences.
4. The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
5. Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
The benefits of the Fully Funded ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships are:
1. Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
2. Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
3. Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
4. All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
5. Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
6. Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
7. ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the program.
1. ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
2. ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
3. ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed before arrival.
How to Apply
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships:
(1) Create an account and start filling out the application from here.
2) You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
I hope you find this article helpful.