The Fully Funded Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) Scholarship is open to all international students. These scholarships are available for Masters and Ph.D. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities. APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Scholarship In Japan 2024
30 November 2023
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Masters, PhD, Postgraduate
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for The Fully Funded Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) Scholarship are:
- Required Language: English or Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Intend to study abroad in Japan overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1988
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than three years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot apply for another MEXT scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU
- Recipients of this scholarship must have a student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
READ ALSO: CROWN POLYTECHNIC POST-UTME FORM
The Fully Funded Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Incoming international students are required to live on campus at AP House (APU’s dormitory) during their first year at APU (out of funding).
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified of their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
- Deadline: November 2023 (The application for 2024 enrollment will start in September 2023.)
I hope you find this article helpful.