Fully Funded UJMT Fogarty Global Health Fellowship In USA 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded UJMT Fogarty Global Health Fellowship in USA are stated below:
United States-based trainees:
1. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
2. Candidates from any U.S. institution are eligible, though applicants from the four consortium universities may be given priority
3. Applicants from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.
We fund postdoctoral researchers who are citizens of one of 16 countries where there are program-affiliated research institutions. Typically, international trainees have an appointment or affiliation with the training site and local mentors.
READ ALSO: CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY POST-UTME FORM
a) Postdoctoral applicants (U.S. and foreign nationals): Completion of a graduate degree —MD, PhD, DrPH, DVM, PharmD, or equivalent — by July of the academic year.
b) Doctoral applicants (U.S. only):
1. enrolled in a graduate degree program at the U.S. or affiliated international institution
2. able to defer studies over the course of the fellowship to focus on research activities
3. In later stages of training (e.g., following comprehensive examinations, after clinical rotations) will be given priority.
The benefits of the Fully Funded UJMT Fogarty Global Health Fellowship in USA are:
1. Full award: A 12-month full-time appointment and includes a monthly stipend, research funds, health insurance emergency medical and evacuation insurance, and travel funds.
2. Travel and research award: A 12-month full-time appointment and includes research funds, health insurance emergency medical and evacuation insurance, and travel funds.
Regardless of their institutional affiliation, trainees will work at one of our core research sites in the following countries:
1. Africa: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Malawi, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia
2. Asia: Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Vietnam
3. Americas: Bolivia, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, Suriname
I hope you find this article helpful.