It is generally surprising that fashion has attained this level of recognizance and relevance, and from all indications, the industry keeps booming into the future. Fashion relates to the trends of clothing and accessories, particularly with respect to the styles, pattern and model. It is an artful expression of beauty through clothing and accessories. Today, a lot of persons are venturing into the fashion industry. The industry does not look like it would ever become less relevant.
The fashion industry is ultimately championed by creativity, innovation, evolution and revolution of existing fashions. While it may seem difficult to get at the topmost in the fashion industry, building a brand even at smaller scales is very lucrative. The purpose of fashion is beyond just garments, and fashion does not have territorial limitations. Thus, the target audience is usually the whole world. This inherent attribute contributes to the high lucrative nature of the fashion industry.
There are numerous fashion brands existing at different scales in all parts of the world. Fashion brands being a commercial industry, numerous brands have attained world recognition which in turn adds to the brands’ economic status.
Top 10 Wealthiest/Richest Fashion Brands And Companies In The World
Below are the richest fashion brands in the world:
1. Louis Vuitton Malletier: Louis Vuitton is a widely popular and long reigning fashion industry founded in 1854. The brand’s products are handbags, shoes, watches, jewelry, ready-made garments and other accessories. The company is headquartered in Paris, France, and its parent company is LVMH. Louis Vuitton has been consistently ranked as the most valuable luxury brand in the world. The industry has been on a consistent increase as to its value from year to year.
Louis Vuitton is operational in 50 Countries and has over 160 stores across the globe. Due to the durability and reliability of the company’s product, its products have become the most susceptible to counterfeit in the world. Of course, the company has remained persistent in the eradication of the counterfeit and trade infringements committed by mischievous people. Louis Vuitton Company has been in so many collaborations with prominent brands, artists and celebrities, in the fostering of the business. As at 2022, Louis Vuitton Company is worth $384.99 Billion.
2. Christian Dior SE: Christian Dior’s global recognition unarguably spread farther this year. Christian Dior, a French designer, is the owner of one of the top fashion brands in the world today, Christian Dior SE.
The brand deals on fashion, fragrances, men and women accessories, handbags shoes, watches, wines, spirits, makeup and cosmetics. The brand’s headquarters is in France, and it is one of the subsidiaries of LVMH. The brand was founded on 16th December, 1946. Christian Dior brand is a world-class brand that serves worldwide. The brand is worth $11.91 Billion.
3. Adidas: Adidas is a very popular brand and one of the richest fashion brands in the world. It is a German multinational public company with textile and footwear industry. The company was founded on July 1924, by Adolf Dassler. It has its headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Bavaria, Germany. Adidas is currently chaired by Thomas Rabe.
The company’s products are basically apparels, sport wears, foot wears and other sports equipment. The company was formerly Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik, until its current name Adidas, was birthed in 1949. Adidas is the 2nd largest manufacturer of sportswear in the world, and the largest in Europe. Its products serve worldwide, except in countries like Chad, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Turkmenistan, Russia, North Korea and Palestine.
Adidas is a major sponsor of UEFA Champions League amongst other sponsors and other of its sponsorship programs. Adidas has one the most popular trademarks. The company has survived so many competitions as expected but has remained on track consistently since inception. The brand is worth $25.17 billion.
4. GUCCI: Here is another of the richest fashion brands in the world, founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921. The industry is headquartered in Via Tornabuoni, Florence, Italy. The company’s products include a ready-made clothing, footwear, handbags, home decoration, accessories, fragrance and cosmetics.
The parent company of Gucci is Kering group. Gucci started as what had the nature of a family business until several handovers were made. Owing to the company’s popularity, it has as well become a target of counterfeit. The company has remained unshakable despite attacks. Gucci fashion brand has an estimated net worth of $18.2 Billion.
5. Nike: Nike is a very popular fashion brand with one of the most popular and uncontestable trademark. It is a public multinational company based in America. The fashion brand was founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight. It has its headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon, United States. Nike products serve worldwide
Its products include apparel, accessories, sports equipment. Nike is the largest athletic shoes supplier across the globe, and one of the largest manufacturers of sports equipment. The value of the brand has been on a steady increase year by year. In 2019, the brand was worth $29 Billion. In 2020, the brand was worth $32 billion, and now in 2022, it is worth $36.8 Billion.
6. Hermès: Hermes is a public luxury goods French company that specializes on the production of accessories, leather, jewelry, witches, perfumes, ready-to-wear and so on. The brand was founded in 1837, a very long time to have still remained on track amidst competitions.
The company has its headquarters in Paris, France. It is one of the richest brands in the world, recording a net worth of $18.36.
7. Armani: Armani is an Italian fashion brand founded by Giorgio Armani in 1975. The founder has retained private ownership of the company. The fashion brand is worth $9-6 Billion.
8. Dolce and Gabbana: Here is another brand on the list of the richest fashion houses in the world. Dolce and Gabbana is a popular Italian fashion brand founded by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana in Legnano, Italy, in the year 1985. The company has its headquarters in Milan, Italy.
The company specializes on the production and distribution of handbags, accessories, cosmetics and ready-made clothing. The net worth of Dolce and Gabbana as at 2022 is $5.3 Billion.
9. Ralph Lauren: Ralph Lauren is a publicly traded fashion brand in America founded in 1967. The headquarters is located in New York City, and has several other branches and subsidiary companies.
The founder, Ralph Lauren, is a renowned fashion designer who is flexible on ladies, men and babies clothing. The fashion brand is worth $.6.36 Billion.
10. Prada: Prada is an Italian fashion brand that specializes on the production and distribution of travel accessories, shoes, leather bags, ready-made garments and other fashion accessories. The brand was founded by Mario Prada in 1913, and its headquarters is in Milan, Italy. The fashion brand has a net worth of $5.25 Billion.
The commonality amongst the afore-listed richest fashion brands is that they have obtained world recognition, and of course, their products are reliable and usually very expensive. Such companies are usually faced with the threat of competing counterfeit production by unscrupulous producers in many parts of the world. Interestingly and as expected, the brands are never reluctant to protecting the trustworthiness of their brand by fighting against counterfeit production.