If you are a Nigerian and above two years of age, then you should be familiar with this second national anthem “ASUU STRIKE“.
Now, to some people; “why should ASUU Embark on strike this critical period” and for others, “This ASUU strike is not bad”. I don’t know whether the ASUU will end the strike soon. However, I am not here to discuss that.
Back to the topic at hand; 5 sets of persons that will benefit from the ASUU Strike. It is certain that this ASUU strike is a dream come true for so many people knowingly or unknowingly. Quickly, here are those who will benefit from the Strike action announced by ASUU.
1. Those Who Are Tired Of School
So many students are “on this table” I am shaking. For one or two reasons, they are just tired of school and need some time to think about their life.
If the reason you are tired of school is to discover and maximize your potential, review your life, think about how to be a better student, or up to something good, then the ASUU strike is the best time.
2. Those WithHeld Waec Results
These persons are somehow in the same shoes as the guys using Neco awaiting results. However, they are more uncertain than them
The west African examination council promised to released withheld results soon. If you are sure that no malpractice was recorded in your center then there is every probability that your results will be out soon. If the strike persists then better for your admission screening.
3. Student Bloggers
To student bloggers, the school has been a big distraction. You hardly focus on your blog while school is in session (unless you want some Fs). We always pray for holidays to come, and now something bigger than holidays is here.
Are you a student blogger, write as many posts as possible and drive as much traffic as you can. In fact, make money writing posts on asuu strike. But: Don’t copy my articles too.
4. The Hustler
So many students bear the burden alone; while few are learning skills so as to be independent. School sometimes distracts you from hustling. Because money must be made, you need time to enter street and make cool cash. Asuu has given you a golden opportunity.
Whichever way, if you have one or two personal projects you are working on, then you need time out of school to prove yourself. Ensure to maximize your potential during this period.
5. Those Who Need More Study Time
While school plays a crucial role in shaping our academic foundation, it is true that it may not always encompass all the aspects of comprehensive learning and personal development. To truly excel academically and nurture your personal growth, it is essential to go beyond the confines of traditional education and explore additional avenues of knowledge and self-improvement.
Here are a few reasons why venturing beyond the school curriculum can be beneficial:
1. Broadening Knowledge: School curricula often focus on core subjects and standardized learning objectives. By exploring supplementary resources, such as books, online courses, or educational platforms, you can delve deeper into subjects that interest you. This self-directed learning allows you to broaden your knowledge and gain a more comprehensive understanding of various topics.
2. Developing Critical Thinking Skills: Engaging in activities outside of school, such as joining debate clubs, participating in intellectual discussions, or attending workshops, nurtures critical thinking skills. These activities challenge you to analyze, question, and evaluate information from different perspectives, fostering a more well-rounded and independent mindset.
3. Building Practical Skills: School primarily focuses on academic knowledge, but there is a wide range of practical skills that are equally important for personal and professional development. Pursuing hobbies, internships, volunteer work, or part-time jobs provides opportunities to develop skills such as leadership, communication, problem-solving, time management, and teamwork.
4. Expanding Cultural and Social Awareness: School environments may be limited in terms of cultural diversity and global perspectives. Exploring cultural events, attending seminars, or engaging with diverse communities can broaden your understanding of different cultures, societies, and world issues. This exposure enhances empathy, intercultural competence, and social awareness, which are essential qualities in today’s interconnected world.
5. Fostering Personal Growth: Beyond the academic realm, personal development is vital for overall success and well-being. Engaging in activities like sports, arts, music, or mindfulness practices nurtures creativity, resilience, self-confidence, and emotional intelligence. These experiences contribute to a holistic development that extends beyond classroom learning.
Remember, while school provides a foundation, it is your own initiative and curiosity that will drive you to explore and grow. Embrace opportunities for self-directed learning, seek out new experiences, and actively pursue activities that align with your interests and goals. By going beyond the boundaries of school, you can unlock your full potential and pave the way for lifelong learning and personal fulfillment.
This is the time to do that. If you have courses to cover, then quickly do that now. Remember, it is not what you score in class that matters but what you finally score in life.