It is normal to make mistakes during Jamb registration. In fact, there are a whole lot of possible mistakes you can make while buying Jamb form and doing the registration. The mistakes include wrong course and institution, wrong date of birth, mistakes in spellings of your name, error in LGA and gender.
Today, you will learn how to change wrong name, correct mistakes in your local government of origin and do Jamb change of gender. But before I proceed, I really recommend that you go through my article on Jamb 2020 exam date, reprinting, results and admission status by clicking here.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
I have already treated how to do Jamb change of course and institution. You may want to click here to do jamb change of school and course of study.
The same step is required to correct name, gender and LGA on Jamb portal. Therefore, in this article, I shall use one stone to kill three birds:
- Jamb change of Name (First name, surname or middle name)
- Jamb Change of Gender
- Change of Local Government Area (LGA) in Jamb
Now, take a glass of chilled water and continue reading how to correct mistakes in Jamb website.
Jamb Correction of Data 2020
- Visit Jamb portal by clicking here
- Enter your username and password
- Login to your jamb profile
- After you have logged in, you will see correction of data at the left sidebar. For phone users, you will need to click the menu to access Correction of data. See arrow in the image below to locate menu.
- Click on correction of data.
- Under correction of data, you will see course/institution, names, date of birth, gender and LGA. Click on the one you want to change or correct.
- You will be taken to payment portal
- Click on pay and continue to payment.
- Follow the steps to pay either online with remitta or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank. You need ATM Card to pay online via remita
- Fill the form you are given to fill, follow what you are told and JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Note: You can carry out all of the above processes at an accredited centre. Also, you can do it yourself without going to any cyber cafe or Jamb centre.
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
Change of Name
This allows candidates to apply for correction of names where there are spelling errors or error in arrangement e.g. Surname, Firstname or Lastname.
Change of Gender
Candidates can request for change of Gender. Supporting documents may be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
Change of State/L.G.A
Candidates can apply for correction of State/Local Government. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
This allows candidates to apply for a change of course or Institution immediately after the release of results. This service has a time lapse.
Candidates can apply for correction of Date of birth. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval along with supporting documents.
Recommended: Jamb score that guarantees your admission
I am more than sure that you have found a solution to your problem. If so, feel free to share this piece with friends and don’t fail to drop your comment using the comment box.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?