Jamb has begun change of course and institution for Jamb UTME 2017.
The Jamb change of course and institution is the next gist every interested Jamb 2017 candidate would want to be updated about, especially now that Jamb results are released.
For one or two reasons, you would want to change the institution or course of study you filled in Jamb 2017 registration form. If this is true, then you are not alone.
Below are major reasons why Jamb change of course is necessary.
1. Not Scoring Up To Or More Than Jamb Cut Off Mark
Every Jamb candidate usually have the dream of scoring above 300. However, this doesn’t work for everybody in reality.
If you scored less than the general cut off mark for your school of choice, you will not be admitted.
On the other hand, If you score around the Jamb cut off mark, you may also not get admitted as a result of competition.
This is a good reasons to change your course or school of choice.
2. Lost Of Interest In The Study Course Or Institution
Some candidates say, “I don’t want to study in the University I chose earlier, in fact, I have lost interest in the choice of course I put in during Jamb registration.”
This could be that you never liked the school or your parents asked you to change the course.
In addition, it could just be that you have a Jamb score that can take you to a better school.
3. You Made A Mistake When Filling Jamb Form And Subject Combinations
So many persons reported to me that the wrong institution was chosen for them during registration.
For others, they had issues in their Jamb subject combinations and could not fix it when Jamb gave room for correction of details.
If this is your situation you may want to change to your desired institution. Change of course and institution form gives you room to do this.
How To Change Your Jamb School And Course Of Choice For Jamb 2017
Go to any Cbt centre around or
– Visit jamb website at jamb.org.ng
– When you see JAMB website available services, opt for Correction of DATA;
– Choose JAMB change of course/institution;
– After this you can see and get Transaction ID (in a bold red font);
– You will need to pay for an opportunity to fill in change of university form;
– You may pay immediately with your card, or pay in some ATM. If you choose the latter, you need to provide your Transaction ID;
– If you want to pay on the website, enter your card details and make payment;
– If it is successful, you will see the following options – Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number;
– When you have entered this data, you will see new options for Preferred course/Institution;
– After submitting all the changes, JAMB change of course form will close;
– If your changes are approved, they will update quickly.
-Change of course/change of university JAMB form price
Every change accounts to N2.500. You will also pay N500 as charges for printing.
Before you Proceed, ensure the following;
- That you know exactly the Changes of Course/Institution you would like to make changes to.
- Please ensure you do your research to ensure that the school you are changing to does not usually cut-off higher than your score.
That you can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
That once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again (or else the system has changed)
That you select a Course/Institution that aligns with your subject combination. If you don’t do this, your school will screen you out. .
There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
I started this blog as a passion, with the vision to inspire and empower students and graduates, helping them realize and maximize their potentials.
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- WAEC 2017 Results Out: See How To Check It Effectively - July 17, 2017
- Top 8 Jarking styles that pays in any Nigerian University - July 17, 2017
- What To Do When You Are Reading But The Book Is Not Entering - July 17, 2017