The Fully Funded Australian Government Scholarship provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking research doctorate and research masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The objectives of this scheme are to:
1. Provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking HDRs at Australian HEPs
2. Deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labor market
3. Support collaboration between HEPs industry and other research end-users
4. Support overseas students undertaking HDR studies at Australian HEPs.
Fully Funded Australian Government Scholarship 2024
31 December 2023
Research Program, Masters, PhD
Subjects offered by the university
Government Scholarships, Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Australian Government Scholarship are:
1. Requires students to be enrolled in a listed HDR course in an affiliated HEP.
2. Applicants must not receive any support from any other source while applying for this scholarship. Even if they are receiving any other aid or scholarship, it should not be more than 75% of the stipend that they will be receiving in the event that they get this scholarship. If a student is receiving income that is not for the purpose of supporting the student’s living expenses, he/she can still apply. That income must be for offsetting the applicant’s study costs.
READ ALSO: MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY POST-UTME FORM
3. Applicants for this scholarship can apply only if they are not receiving any award, scholarship, or aid from the Commonwealth meant to offset the applicant’s tuition fees.
4. Applicant must be fluent in English and will have to prove their language proficiency through test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
The Fully Funded Australian Government Scholarship is worth up to AUD 28,597 for full-time students. Part-time students are entitled to a lesser amount which would be up to $14,298 AUD. Students can also make appeals if they want the scholarship to be extended, terminated, or suspended.
HEPs are responsible for the application and selection processes for RTP Scholarships. Prospective candidates need to contact their chosen HEP’s postgraduate research office directly to discuss how to apply. The list of eligible HEPs is available in Tables A and B of the HESA
I hope you find this article helpful.