The Fully Funded National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Fellowship in the USA is an amazing opportunity for democracy activists, scholars, and journalists to come to Washington, DC, and explore new ideas in a comparative context. This five-month fellowship program offers fellows the opportunity to undertake individual research, share best practices with one another, and receive support and mentorship from democracy leaders in the United States. The program includes a wide range of activities, including seminars, workshops, conferences, site visits, and networking events. Fellows also have access to a wide range of resources, including libraries, online databases, and experts in their field. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in promoting democracy around the world.
Fully Funded National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Fellowship in USA 2024
31 October 2023
United States Of America
National Endowment For Democracy
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Fellowship in the USA are:
1. You should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
2. Applicants must propose a project addressing aspects of democracy that fall within the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural realms.
3. Please note that you will have to be available for residency at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, DC, during the five-month fellowship period.
Applicants for the Practitioners Track should meet the following requirements
1. If you wish to apply for this program, you must have practical experience in promoting democracy or human rights in your home country or another country of interest.
2. This category is intended for professionals who are in the middle of their careers.
Applicants for the scholarly fellows should meet the following requirements.
1. Applicants must hold a doctorate (Ph.D.) qualification at the time of application
2. It is necessary for applicants to have a record of publications in their field of expertise.
READ ALSO: UNILAG MASTERS IN URBAN MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The benefits of the Fully Funded National Endowment for Democracy (NED) Fellowship in the USA are:
1. Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend.
2. Fellows will be provided with health insurance
3. Living expenses
4. The roundtrip travel to and from Washington, DC, is included.
5. Fellows have access to a fully equipped office and a limited budget for long-distance phone calls and travel within the United States.
How to apply
1. The first step in applying for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship is to create an account through the ONLINE PORTAL.
2. You can find detailed instructions on how to create an account; click HERE.
After registering for an account, the application process requires you to provide the following information:
1. Applicant information
2. Letters of recommendation
3. Resume/CV and Biography
4. Applicants should submit a proposal for either a practitioner fellowship or a scholarly fellowship.
5. Letters of recommendation
6. Resume/CV and Biography
7. All applications must be submitted in English.
I hope you find this article helpful.