The PEO International Funded Scholarships in Canada and the USA is a program of Women helping women reach for the stars. The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
PEO International Funded Scholarships in Canada And USA 2024
15 December 2023
Canada, United States Of America
Subjects offered by the university
The eligibility criteria for the PEO International Funded Scholarships in Canada and USA are stated below:
1. An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
2. A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
3. Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training unless combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
4. To qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled, and be in residence for the entire school year.
5. Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
6. international students attending Cottey College can apply for a scholarship.
The benefits of the PEO International Funded Scholarships in Canada and USA are:
1. The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
2. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant must confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships.
3. Awards are announced in May. The amount of the PEO International scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December.