Some Amount of Money was sent to me From abroad, how do I withdraw the cash using Western Union and what are the documents I need to receive Western Union money from Nigeria? This is what I shall attempt in this article. You may also click here for how to send money via Western Union.
Just like my other guide, I will make this tutorial as simple as ABC so that you can understand everything about receiving money sent through Western Union Money Transfer.
STEPS TO RECEIVE MONEY USING WESTERN UNION
I will teach your the various ways to receive money that was sent to you via Western Union:
- You can withdraw the Money In cash, In your bank account, on a prepaid card.
- Using QuickTeller.
How To Receive The Money In Cash:
Receiving money in cash is simple. Three steps are required.
- The first step is for you to ensure that you have any government issued ID card such as Voters card, National ID, Driver’s License, etc.
- Ask the person that sent you the Money for a tracking Number (MTCN). When the person sends you the money, he/she will get a receipt and each receipt includes a unique tracking number (MTCN), which is a 10-digit number.
- Check out the list of agent location and go to anyone closer to you. Click on this link choose any country (E.g Nigeria) and then click go to get list of all agent locations.
- You will then go there and receive your money.
- That’s all.
Receive In Your Bank Account:
The money comes to your bank account directly and you will have to withdraw it normal.
On a prepaid card:
Load your money transfer onto your Western Union Prepaid Card by calling the number on the back of your card or logging into your card account.
How to Receive Western Union Money Transfers via Quickteller
(GTBank, StanbicIBTC or Wema Bank)
- Log on to Quickteller.com
- Click the on the Send and Receive Money tile
- Click the Western Union tile
- Select your bank, either GTBank, StanbicIBTC or Wema bank
- Under “Choose currency” select “Naira”
- Click “Receive money now” and the Western Union – Receive Money data page opens
- Now carefully enter the following details:
- The MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) as provided by the sender
- Sender’s Country
- Receiving account number i.e. your bank account number where you wish to receive the funds
- Receiving account type i.e. either current or savings
- Expected Amount in Naira as provided by the sender
- Under Receiving Currency leave the name of the bank and Naira as default.
- First Name (Receiving Account) which is your account first name as it appears at your bank
- Surname (Receiving Account) which is your account surname as it appears at your bank
- Mobile Number – your mobile number
- Answer to test question as provided by the sender
- Click “Continue”
- Confirm the details provided.
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. SSCE, JAMB AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST UPDATES FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING SPECIAL GUIDE
- 5G Facts And When 5G Network Will Launch In Nigeria - Apr 6, 2020
- 50 Sweetest Happy Birthday Wishes And Text Messages - Apr 5, 2020
- Top Questions By Waec, Jamb, Neco, Gce And Nabteb Candidates - Apr 5, 2020