The Fully Funded Akademie Schloss Solitude Residential Fellowship is accepting applications. It supports young artists and scientists, as well as cultural professionals, via residential fellowships.
30 November 2023
Akademie Schloss Solitude
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Akademie Schloss Solitude Residential Fellowship are:
1. Artists and scientists can apply. The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows must spend at least two-thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie. All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
2. Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications.
3. Applications of artist groups are possible.
4. Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a prerequisite for application.
5. Double applications to the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the Akademie Schloss Solitude are prohibited.
6. Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send applications during two other rounds (maximum).
7. Application rounds for Solitude fellowships are held every two years. The jury awards a maximum of 65 fellows. 42 live/work studios and three guest studios are available.
8. Scholarships are usually awarded for a period of six, nine, or twelve months.
The benefits of the Fully Funded Akademie Schloss Solitude Residential Fellowship are:
1. A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
2. A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200,
3. Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits that are adjustable by the current budget situation:
1. Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments, and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s hometown,
2. Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
3. Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
READ ALSO: BEST ONLINE ENGINEERING DEGREES
1. New jurors are appointed every 24 months.
2. The international first-rate jury guarantees that the chosen fellows are highly artistic and scientific.
3. The jurors base their decisions on the qualitative aspects of work samples submitted by the applicants.
4. There is no legal entitlement to the allocation of a fellowship. The applicant will be informed of the jury’s decision in writing, but no reasons will be given. Individuals embarking on fellowships receive a foundation contract and a set of house rules. Fellowships are deemed legally effective after the foundation contract has been signed.
I hope you find this article helpful.