Application for Google Online Marketing challenge has begun. You can’t afford to miss this opportunity. For details on how to apply for Google online marketing 2017 and to know more about what Google online marketing really is, continue reading.
What Is Google Online Marketing?
The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a fantastic opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords. Over 110,000 students and professors from almost 100 countries have participated in the past 9 years.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
With a $250 AdWords advertising budget provided by Google, students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-profit organization over a three week period. The teams that develop and communicate the most successful campaigns win awesome prizes, including trips to Google offices. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional AdWords Certification category by studying and passing the necessary exams to become an AdWords Certified individual in the Google Partners platform.
The goal for students is to gain practical knowledge of creating effective online marketing campaign in Google AdWords.
How Google Online Marketing works
Google will provide a US$250 budget for participating students to develop an online advertising strategy for a real business or non-profit organization that has not used AdWords in the last six months.
The competition is open to all students, regardless of major, with teams ranging in size from three to six. All students must register under a verified professor/instructor at a higher education institution.
The global winners and their professor receive a trip to the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with the AdWords team. Regional winners and their professor receive a trip to a regional Google office.
Google Marketing Competition Registration
Professors register for the Challenge from October 5, 2016 ”“ March 22, 2017. Once a professor registers, he or she will get a confirmation email. Google will verify their employment at the educational institution. Verification may vary depending on the institution.
After verfying professors, the students can register their team on the Student Dashboard. Professors will then receive a notification email from Google to verify their student teams. Once the professor verifies (by clicking a link) that the team is associated with him/her, the AdWords account information for that team will appear in the student dashboard.
- Please make sure to check the email ”˜spam’ folders, as some email software may flag Online Marketing Challenge emails as spam.
- Your registration will be complete in 24-48 hours depending on the successful verification of your entry details.
Students can register from October 5, 2016 ”“ April 5, 2017. Professors MUST have registered before students can register their student teams on the dashboard. Students can refer to the registration process below or see thefor more details:
- Form a team and nominate a team captain.
- Select a business or non-profit organization.
- Access the Student Dashboard and register your team and enter your professor´s email address. Your professor will receive a notification email to verify your team.
- After your professor has verified your team, you create an AdWords account and enter the 10-digit customer ID into the student dashboard.
- Meet with your business and write your Pre-Campaign Report. Once you have uploaded this to the student dashboard, you will see a coupon code appear.
- Follow the instructions below to enter the coupon code and credit your account:
- Log into your AdWords account.
- Go to the Billing Tab, and click on “Billing Preferences”.
- Select the country, then enter your contact details, and press continue.
- Select “Manual Payments”, and where it asks for an optional “promo code”, enter the coupon code and press continue.
- $250 will immediately be credited to your account and you’re ready to go!
Share this or Let me know how you feel by using the comments box below. For detailed information on the Challenge, visit registration page
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?