African Union CIEFFA Online Capacity Building Training (2023)
The African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHER are co-hosting the public phase of the Online Capacity Building Training starting from August 2023 under the theme “#AfricaEducatesHer – Digital Skills for All: Bridging the Gender Gap in STEAM, Financial Literacy, and Entrepreneurship” to provide gender-responsive and cutting-edge curricula that can enhance the skills and capacities of African people in the areas of STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship, as well as build the capacity of teachers to teach these subjects effectively.
The training is targeted at women and men from 55 African Union Member States and the Diaspora who are interested in developing their skills in STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship, as well as women teachers who want to enhance their capacity to teach digital literacy and STEAM subjects.
The African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHER have come together to organize an online capacity-building training on skills development and access to STEAM through gender responsive-education upscaling. This training seeks to address the challenges facing young women and men in Africa, particularly in the areas of STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship. It also seeks to enhance the capacity of women teachers to teach digital literacy and STEAM subjects effectively.
The African Union’s International Center for Girls and Women’s Education in Africa (African Union CIEFFA) is a specialized institution of the African Union working under the African Union Commission Department of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI) and established for the promotion and advocacy of gender equality in education on the continent.
ImpactHER is an award-winning not-for-profit organization working to empower African female entrepreneurs by bridging the gender business financing gap so as to help them realize their full economic potential.
The pilot phase of the Training was run in May/June 2023 with 106 African Union CIEFFA Alumni of the Youth Programs representing 54 African Union Member States and the Diaspora.
READ ALSO: UNILAG ACC POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- Gain knowledge in Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy.
- Get a Certificate in each program: Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy (participants need to attend at least 60% of the training courses per program to be eligible for certificates).
- Be part of the African Union CIEFFA network and ImpactHER network.
- Increase your chances to be invited for fully-funded in-person activities by the African Union CIEFFA.
- Fully-funded online training sponsored by ImpactHER
Format of the training:
- It is a one-month intensive training program featuring;
- Digital literacy – 2 weeks
- Entrepreneurship – 1 week
- financial literacy – 1 week
- You can choose one or two of these courses to undergo. However, interested participants are strongly advised to apply for all three courses.
- Be an African woman or man;
- Be able to demonstrate the motivation to learn about digital skills, entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, aspirations, and a commitment to the promotion of girls and women’s education;
- Have access to a good internet connection and a device (laptop, computer, smartphone, or tablet).
- Have a clear understanding of one of the training’s languages; English, French, or Portuguese;
- Hold an African citizenship residing on the continent or anywhere in the world.
- PS Please note that the participants will be divided into batches. Each batch will be run for a period of 1 month starting from August 2023.
For more information, visit OCBT.
If you have any questions or requirements, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A certificate will be issued at the end of the training for each course successfully completed, at least 60%.
Submit your application for this program here.
Invite someone to register for this training by sending this link https://forms.gle/B8HUtjyAXV1HTJTb7
Application deadline: August 2023
NOTE: This course is fully funded and therefore requires no financial implications.
I hope you find this article helpful as well as interesting.