Click on Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program
The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence-based decision-making. The Data Lab Project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation. It is a 5-year project aimed at supporting the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data for decision-making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme over the period of 5 years, would be building the capacity of 100 youths in cohorts. The first cohort of the fellowship successfully trained 30 young people on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision-making. The 6-months program with a focus on the health sector would have 3-months of intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-months paid internship; where participants would have an opportunity to work closely within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
- Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health-related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6-month to 1-year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge of using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): Kaduna State, Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Participants of the program will benefit from the following:
- A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
- 6 months fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
Duration of Award: The Programme is expected to last for a 6-month period divided into a 3-months intensive training program and a 3-months paid internship, where participants would have an opportunity to work closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics. Fellows will also be posted to MDAs especially the State Ministry of Health and Other Agencies to support in data coordinating effort that will provide impact to society.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Fill and Submit the application form
- Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
- Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
- Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
- Step 5: Write an essay of not more than 250 words. Why you should be selected for the program, and Upload a valid means of identification (i.e Voters card, National ID Card, Driver’s License or International Passport) NB: Image type should be .jpg
- Step 6: You will get a confirmation status of your application
- Step 7: If successful, then you will be contacted to take a Computer Based Test
- Step 8: If successful, then you will be contacted to upload a video introducing yourself, stating why you applied and why you should be accepted into the programme.
- Step 9: If successful, then you will be contacted to attend a One on One Interview with the Selection Panel.
- Step 10: Join this year’s Cohort for the Fellowship Programme
I wish you all the best in your applications.