Fully Funded Fulbright Canada Doctoral Fellowship 2024
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded Fulbright Canada Doctoral Fellowship are stated below:
1. Be a U.S. citizen.
2. Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate.
3. Be proficient in English.
4. Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
5. Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel, and residency.
The benefits of the Fully Funded Fulbright Canada Doctoral Fellowship are:
1. Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Fellows, and Mentors, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and fields.
2. Learn, teach, and share with Scholars, Fellows, and Mentors, including experiential learning opportunities that enrich and complement academic experiences.
3. Opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) and Canada’s Indigenous languages.
4. Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network.
5. US $25,000 award.
6. Additional allowance of up to CA $15,000 for research, travel, and networking associated with Foundation events and the leadership development of Scholars.
7. 1-year fellowship including a 4-month residential exchange during the 2024-2025 academic year at the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada (MISC) in Montreal.
READ ALSO: UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE USA
How to Apply:
American scholars download the application instructions on the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program website and complete the online application.
When starting your application, please ensure that in the Country Selection stage, you Select Canada.
Unless otherwise identified, formal letters of invitation are not required and not encouraged; however, applicants are encouraged to contact the institution to discuss research interests. Many of the Fulbright Canada Distinguished Chairs and Research Chairs are interdisciplinary, so please browse the various themes to find the Fulbright Canada Awards that best suit your expertise.
Should you be recommended for a Fulbright Canada Award, you may be asked to confirm your preferred Fulbright Canada Award and Host institution (e.g. “Fulbright Canada Research Chair in Society and Culture, University of Alberta”). You may also be asked to identify up to three Alternate Awards (additional Fulbright Canada Awards and their corresponding host institutions). This allows recommended applicants to be considered for multiple awards, enhancing their chances of placement.