The Fully Funded AAUW Fellowship in the USA is offered by The American Association of University Women, USA. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply. This scholarship is only available for graduate and post-graduate studies in any subject offered by the university. AAUW Fellowship Program covers $20,000 to $50,000 per year, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
Fully Funded AAUW Fellowship In USA 2024
15 November 2023
United States Of America
The American Association Of University Women (AAUW)
Masters, PhD, Post Doc, Postgraduate
Subjects offered by the university
Fully Funded Scholarships
The eligibility criteria for the Fully Funded AAUW Fellowship in the USA are stated below:
1. Required Language: English
2. Eligible Countries: All world countries except the USA
3. Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
4. Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
5. Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
6. Intended to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
7. Be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for the Paper-Based Test, 79 for the Internet-Based Test, and 60 for the Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test.
8. Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year. They must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
9. Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for masters or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
10. Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
11. Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
12. Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S.-accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
13. A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
14. Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
15. Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance learning components. AAUW will make final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships.
READ ALSO: HARVARD UNIVERSITY MBA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Fully Funded AAUW Fellowship in the USA provides the recipients with below benefits:
1. Award Amounts:
a. Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
b. Doctoral: $25,000
c. Postdoctoral: $50,000
2. International Fellowship funds are available for:-
a. Educational expenses.
b. Living expenses.
c. Dependent child care.
d. Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
How to Apply:
1. Prepare the following documents:
a. Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background in striving towards scholarly pursuits.m dossier services.
b. Proof of highest degree.
c. Proof of current enrollment (currently enrolled applications only).
d. Proof of bachelor’s degree.
e. Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
f. Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
g. Letter of admission.
2. Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
3. Complete the application, then submit it.
I hope you find this article helpful.