The University of Southern Denmark is pleased to announce the Fully-funded PhD International Scholarships in Behavioral Economics at the Department of Economics for the academic year 2023-2024. The funding supports talented students who want to undertake a fully-funded 3-year PhD degree. The PhD scholarship is fully funded by the Sino-Danish Centre for Education and Research (SDC) for three years. The selected candidate will receive a competitive salary package.
Fully-funded PhD International Scholarships 2023/2024
The University of Southern Denmark offers a compelling academic experience with its world-class faculty, diverse range of programs, and a welcoming international community. It stands out for its research-driven approach and commitment to innovation, fostering a dynamic learning environment. Located in a picturesque region with a high quality of life, studying at the University of Southern Denmark provides both a top-tier education and an enriching cultural experience, making it an excellent choice for students seeking a well-rounded and fulfilling university experience.
Application Deadline: Students can send their applications until 10 October 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Southern Denmark
- Department: Department of Economics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: Danish and international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD in Advanced thin films for scalable energy conversion and storage devices at the University of Southern Denmark.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Master’s degree in economics, management, psychology, or a related field, obtained before the start of the scholarship
- Strong interest in and some knowledge of behavioural economics, especially behavioural decision theory
- Knowledge of experimental methods and experience in designing and conducting lab or online experiments are desired
- Strong analytical and econometric/statistical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Candidates with strong programming skills (e.g., Python, R) are preferred.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply by filling out this application form. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Detailed CV, with contact information for two references who can provide recommendation letters
- Copies of diplomas and academic transcripts
- A motivational letter describing why the applicant is a good match for the topic and how the applicant’s skills provide a solid foundation to do so (max. 2 pages).
- Proposal of a research project that employs experimental methods to study decision-making under uncertainty (max 5 pages of 2400 characters each, including references. Guidelines for preparing project description provided by the faculty)
- An abstract for the above project description of no more than 250 words
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check all the admission requirements at the university.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have a very good capability of communicating scientific results in English, both orally and in writing.
The selected candidate will receive a competitive salary package. The employment as a Salaried PhD Research Fellow is governed by the agreement of 10 November 2015 on Graduate Employees in government appendix 5 – protocol on PhD Research Fellows.
I hope you find this article helpful.