Like I have told you from the beginning, it is what you have in your head that takes you ahead and not the shape of your head. Joshua Abuwa made a statement, “the problem with many youth today is that they don’t have vision; they only have television“.
With every passing day, many persons strive to use high quality products. We spend time trying to improve the quality of things we see with our eyes. The truth of the matter is that, what you see with your heart is more real than what you see with your eyes.
Even bloggers aspire to create high qualit y content so as to rank on Google and Bing. It is true that high quality posts make you rank on Google. However, it is high quality life that would make you rank in life and destiny.
The importance of high quality life cannot be overemphasized. In this article, I give you the 10 steps to living a high quality life. In addition, I will share 20 helpful tips to improve your brain power.
Steps To Improve The Content And Quality Of Your Life
1. Understand Quality Of Time:
Time is a major asset given to us equally. What you do with time determines what life would do to you. Maximise your time so as to achieve your desired goals.
The time that has past cannot be regained. The value you place on time determines the quality of life you will live. Remember, killing time is not murder but suicide.
Do not shake hands with procrastination. Procrastination is the grave in which opportunities are buried.
Don’t sit back and take what comes to you. Always go for what you desire in life. If I may ask, what is the most valuable use of your time right now?
2. Engage And Challenge Yourself:
Alanna Murphy: First of all, believe in the work that you do. Stay up late. Get up early. Push yourself to a higher level. Put your body and your mind to use. Long days of backbreaking, mind-bending work will only make you feel more useful and accomplished.
It is worth repeating that believing in what you do is crucial. If you are breaking your back doing something your heart isn’t in, you will only end up feeling resentment.
Find what you love and put all you’ve got into it. Then you will never feel as if you didn’t live a fulfilling life.
3. Develop Yourself:
Joshua Abuwa: Are you growing or you are just growing old? Invest in your personality. Let everyday of your life be an improvement on the previous. Your success in life is from within you.
Read books, attend seminars that spur you up for excellence. You can’t be poor in your mind and rich in reality. Always take time to renew and strengthen your body, brain, spirit and should regularly.
When you develop yourself, you are keeping yourself sharp and better equipped so that you can better deal with life’s issue.
4. Dream With Your Eyes Open:
Joshua Abuwa: There are a whole lot of talented people in this world who their dreams never came into reality. You must be committed to your dream so that it would become a reality.
There are certain things that are wrong for you to do, not because they are bad, but because of your mission and vision. Be passionate about your assignment.
When I refer to dream, I don’t mean the metaphysical dream. I mean the dreams you have with your eyes open. What you dream with open eyes is more real that what you see at night.
Have vision and look forward even while awake. It is quality dream that produces quality drive. If you must drive well in life, then you must learn to engage yourself in fruitful dreams.
5. Listen To People:
In my book titled the mirror in your interior, I quoted that, “some dreams are shattered, not because they are chartered or cheaper, but because they are not ordered”. You don’t know it all, let people teach you so that you can discover what you don’t know.
Alanna Murphy: This earth is filled with so many different people. Everyone has got a story to tell and you can learn something from each and every person you talk to, or rather listen to.
By listening to people, you will learn that we are all more alike than we realize, despite religion, race, or culture. People all experience the same emotions and can relate to one another no matter where they come from.
Realize that everyone you speak with can teach you something. Some people will show you a darker side of human nature, and others will restore your faith in the good of mankind.
You will also find that many people tell you seemingly pointless stories, people will try to impress you with things that usually don’t matter, and people will talk just for the sake of hearing themselves talk. But even from the seemingly pointless day-to-day conversations, you can still learn something.
6. Believe In Something:
The true measure of a man is in his depth of convictions. A double minded person would always live a low quality life.
John Mason said, “There are two things every man must do alone: his own believing and his own dying”. When you don’t believe in something, you will fall for anything.
Quality life is not lived based on assumption. Your convictions will fly you on eagle’s wings and make you a master to circumstances that come your way.
7. Be Yourself:
Joshua dealt with this topic in the book, I choose to be great. The truth of the matter is that quality life comes from believing in yourself. The best person to be is you. Avoid fake life by all means.
When was the last time someone said to you, “you are different!” Be careful of unhealthy comparison. You don’t have a mate even if you are twin.
The worst loneliness you can have is for you not to be comfortable with yourself. Think of what you like and what you don’t like. Don’t do it because “Mr. A” or “brother B” likes it. Be convinced!
8. Be Hardworking:
TheFourHourworkDay: Along with increased mental toughness, hard work gives you the chance to improve yourself. Hard work will help you develop self-discipline and focus.
In turn you will become more efficient and productive. You’re constantly improving your current skills and developing new ones. New skills can lead you to new career opportunities and paths you hadn’t previously considered.
Another hidden benefit of hard work is increased motivation and inspiration. The satisfaction you’ll feel your accomplishments will leave you feeling a new sense of energy and focus for your next project or goal.
Success requires hard work, however hard work rewards with much more than success alone. Hard work yields a multitude of benefits that help us improve our skills and ourselves and for that reason hard work is worth the effort.
9. Improve The Quality Of Your Food:
Health of wealth… You can’t talk about quality life without addressing the benefits of high quality food. Good nutrition is one of the keys to a healthy life. You can improve your health by keeping a balanced diet.
You should eat foods that contain vitamins and minerals. This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, and a source of protein.
FamilyDoctor: Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to any of them, talk to your doctor about your health. You may need to improve your eating habits for better nutrition.
- Do you have a health problem or risk factor, such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
- Did your doctor tell you that you can improve your condition with better nutrition?
- Do diabetes, cancer, heart disease, or osteoporosis run in your family?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you have questions about what foods you should eat or whether you should take vitamins?
- Do you think that you would benefit from seeing a registered dietitian or someone who specializes in nutrition counseling?
10. Enjoy Your Life:
You were not sent to live in this world on behalf of me. Enjoy yourself while you are still very young. After all, you are only young for a limited time. May the boy you were be proud of the man you become.
In all, remember that life is not game. There is not extra time in life.
20 Hot Tips To Improve Your Brain Power
- Find a forum or blog and join discussions. Always feel free to ask and answer questions.
- Be knowledgeable.
- Water (H2O) is good for your brain. Ensure to drink plenty of water (not plenty of beer).
- Have a mentor.
- Have a healthy social life and don’t live in isolation.
- Eat plenty of fruits.
- Sleep well once in a while… Getting enough sleep and sleeping well contribute to a reduction in stress levels.
- Have a winning attitude.
- Take time to meditate. Good thinking helps improve the quality of your life. See other benefits of good thinking here.
- Be proactive.
- Supplement your diet the brain-healthy way. Eat something light when you should and something heavy when it is necessary.
- Be joyful.
- Learning and experiencing new things is a great way to challenge your brain. Challenge your brain by playing music, learning new stuffs, playing games and travelling.
- Care about others.
- Engage in healthy physical exercises of your choice.
- Avoiding the calculator for simple arithmetic is one way to exercise your mind. If you get the newspaper, work the crossword puzzles each day.
- Get an education with a difference.
- Be diligent.
- Use the part of your body you want to develop.
- Associate with friends and family.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- I WANT TO SEARCH
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- 10 Best Student Scholarships For Nigerians to Study In USA - Aug 5, 2020
- Flashlearners Listed in Best Student Blogs On FeedSpot - Aug 5, 2020
- Galaxy Note 20 Release Date, Features And Price in Nigeria - Aug 5, 2020