In an ever-evolving job market, acquiring profitable and in-demand skills is crucial for personal and professional success. In 2023, certain skills are gaining prominence due to shifts in technology, market demands, and remote work trends. This article presents an overview of the 15 most lucrative skills to learn in 2023, offering opportunities for financial growth and career advancement.
This article gives a thorough analysis of some top 10 most profitable skills to learn in 2021. What is required to learn these skills are also elaborately discussed in this article. Most of these skills are of great benefit both in the desired advancement within a professional career as well as in earning extra income. It is no longer fashionable to do multiple jobs from one place to another.
Most of these skills only require some time, a computer and patience. They can be learnt by virtually anybody who is interested in learning them. Read through the most profitable skills to learn and choose the one that is best suited for you. Further research ought to be carried and continuous practice carried out to master these skills.
Top 15 Most Profitable and Lucrative Skills to Learn in 2023
As we approach the end of the year, the following skills have been confirmed to be of the most profit to people during the year. These skills include:
1. Digital Marketing: Marketing involves the process of helping a seller of goods or service connect with prospective buyers who are interested in such goods and services. The technology age has now transformed what we used to know as digital marketing. In this age, buyers can now be connected with sellers by digital marketers with the use of the internet.
Digital marketing ivolves the use of electronic devices and digital media platforms to promote products and services for a commission. There are different platforms available to a person interested in digital marketing. These platforms do not just offer a person the opportunity to market products and services online for a commission, but some of them also go ahead to train interested persons in the art of digital marketing.
Some of the top digital marketing platforms include Bytensize, CKDigital, Dodo, Street Toolz, Wild Fusion. Affiliate marketing platforms include Jumia affiliate, Konga affiliate, Bet9ja affiliate, PayPorte affiliate, Expertnaire, et cetera. These platforms provide resource material on how to learn about this skill and also how to optimize it.
For a person interested in raking in so much profit and knowledge in digital marketing, here are some specialized areas of digital marketing: affiliate marketing, Email direct marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, content marketing, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, e-commerce marketing, et cetera.
2. Money management & Investment: In today’s world, it is probably impossible to reach the peak of whatever you are doing without a very good understanding of how money works. Money management and investment is simply how one handles the income that comes to him/her. It is a very important skill today because there are various benefits that comes with it.
Believe it or not, someone who knows and understands how to use his money to invest in assets like real estate, land, agriculture etc, is better than someone who only focuses on a single source of income. Money management and investment enables you to know how to put your money to work and earn more money.
In addition to that, it is apparent that someone who understands this skill will spend lesser time on his work because he already has his money working for him.
3. Tech Skills: Tech skills are more sought after in this era of technological advancement more than most other skills. More industries are adopting the internet for the provision of goods and services. People are constantly leveraging on doing businesses online and raking in profits with the use of the internet. The world is gradually becoming a global village, as the difficulties of boundaries are now less felt than in the past.
a. Software development: This refers to all of those practices which combine software development with major IT operations. Software development involves building softwares that are tailored towards meeting a need or providing a solution.
b. Artificial Intelligence: The use of machines in areas where humans previously dominated continues to be on the rise. These machines are now being developed to think like humans and react “rationally”. These machines are built to carry out tasks smartly, and learn along the line. Siri & Cortana is a good AI machine learning.
c. Fintech: This involves the intersection of finance and technology. Now new technological advancements now allow for ease of financial transactions over the internet. Concepts like Decentralized Financed (DeFi), mobile banking, among others are examples of what can be attained by this intersection.
d. Connected tech: This involves the development of tech products which can connect with the environment and record relevant data. It involves the development of smart watches, smart home product, health monitors, connected cars, et cetera.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO involves the process of optimizing an article being published on the internet so that it gets more accessibility from readers searching on that topic. There are millions of articles on the internet on different topics, and as such, it becomes imperative to learn how to optimize any article being uploaded on the internet.
The strategies used in making a website or an article more visible so that it is moved up the search list by google is known as Search Engine Optimization. The reason why you are reading this article is because it was optimized so that it would be at the top of your search list. If it was somewhere around the 63rd position, there Is a high probability that it wont be read.
This skill is on high demand as companies try to attract organic views to their products and services available on their websites. Getting google to direct persons interested in a topic to an article, or website or a particular page is what this skill is about.
This skill just like most 21st century skills can be learnt from the internet. Online courses can be taken on a platform like Skillshare. Also, there are millions of youtube videos on this skill.
5. Copywriting: There are so many people who naturally enjoy writing. In this current technological dispensation we find ourselves, this interest can be transformed into income. Copywriting involves developing good writing skills and selling it to interested clients. Copywriting may be for the purpose of writing to increase brand awareness, or writing with respect to a particular product or service. It covers a wide variety of writing for which a person may be paid.
The major types of copywriting including marketing copywriting, brand copywriting, social media copywriting, direct response copywriting, public relations copywriting, SEO copywriting, et cetera.
For a person interested in acquiring this skill, the following portfolio websites may be useful: Squarespce, Carbonmade, WordPress, Pressfolios, Writerfolio, et cetea. Relevant resource material can be accessed from these websites and the skills necessary to succeed as a copywriter learnt.
6. Sales: There will always be people who are prepared to sell and those who are willing to buy. The place of sales in our society can never be emphasized enough. People go through series of sales transactions on a daily basis. Transacting on goods and services which they require for their livelihood.
Building skills in the area of sales is one of the most attractive ways to earn currently. Sales job have very high commissions and potential earnings as salary. All a person needs to do is develop the interest in sales, read some good books, and rake in unimaginable profits and commissions from sales.
Some of the top sales job opportunities that can be accessed across different industries include: Field sales, IT sales, Pharmaceutical sales, Consumer goods sales, Media sales, among others. Virtually every industry has an aspect which a sales expert can occupy and dominate. Most top companies across the globe are constantly recruiting sales experts, as they understand the place of sales in conducting their business.
Sales job involves being good in communication. Communicating the strength of the product or service being sold. A strong understanding of the strength of the product is therefore imperative to have good sales. Also, a good understanding of human nature and how people tend to behave towards sales people and under what circumstances, people are going to get the sales is also very important. A good personality and right attitude towards the deal being facilitated is also important to succeed in this area. There are numerous training guidelines, books and videos that can be accessed on the internet to get a good grasp of this skill.
7. Blockchain: The blockchain is a centralized digital network, which allows for the safe storage of valuable information through a series of computer network. This means that valuable information is shared among a series of computers, making it difficult for such information to be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
The Blockchain technology serves as the platform for cryptocurrency platforms and most digital currencies being developed by independent nations across the globe.
8. Design: This is one skill that has been on the steady rise in recent times. Ranging from UX designs to Graphic designs or visual designs. A designer basically applies his creativity in projects. There is no limit to how far a designer can go as in most instances, all that is required of him is a work that is astetically pleasing and which resonates deeply with those who come in contact with it.
The ability to design good work is an excellent skill for a person who wants to be self-employed and at the same time, earn good money. Also, as the skills of the designer improves and his reputation known, he is at liberty to increase his rates and even earn more.
A User Experience (UX) designer is a designer who focusses on interaction. He is concerned with designing of interaction between a user and a site which serves as user interface. UX design include designs like site navigation, functionality, etc. A graphic designer is however concerned with communicating information through the use of colours, images, and other graphical representations. Visual designers are concerned with communicating ideas through visualization. A visual designer thus focus on product and brand identity.
Designing skills in most instances require the use of software. Tjus a designer must be able to use software like Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw, InDesign, etc. Learning about how best to use these software becomes very imperative.
9. Video Filming and Editing: Millions of videos are constantly being uploaded on the internet. These videos are uploaded for variety of reasons ranging from educational, academic, entertainment, lifestyle, etc. Hundreds of videos are being uploaded on YouTube every minute and the more videos are uploaded, the more there is a need to have these videos properly filed and edited. It is for this reason that a skill in video editing and filming cannot be emphasized enough.
It is no doubt more effective to tell a story with the use of a video that with the use of pictures or texts. The best way to effectively have these videos is when they are expertly filed and edited. This skill has two interrelated arms: filming or editing.
Video filming is an area concerned with the original filming or recording of a video. This is usually the first step. In most instances, videos come out great only when a great job is done at this stage. Some areas of filing include: Film production, TV commercials, marketing videos, event videos, corporate videos, wedding videos, etc.
Video editing on the other hand is concerned with upgrading content which has been created. For this skill to be developed, efforts must be put into learning about industry-standard software and knowledge in the use of software such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Photoshop CS3, etc.
10. Foreign Language: This is another top skill that can be learnt in this current dispensation. As a result of globalization, people from different climes and country are in constant communication. Language continues to be a barrier in most instances, and getting to learn a foreign language and involve in interpretation and translation job can be a great skill to develople.
Knowledge of foreign language goes a long way to make a person stand-out even in his professional life. This always gives an edge to a person. So asides earning money as a translator, it is a great way to jeer up a resume. Also, this skill can be utilized in the aspect of proofreading translated documents, editing translated documents, etc.
A person interested in learning a foreign language will be required to first and foremost, pick a foreign language of choice. It could be any language, depending on the purpose of such pick. For instance, if such language is to be used for business, a foreign language largely used for business may be considered. But if s a person is interested in working as an interpreter after learning such language, the knowledge of languages with less knowledge across the globe may be more beneficial.
A lot of material can be found on the internet on leaning different foreign languages. It must be noted that foreign languages are better learnt when constantly practiced. This must be put into consideration when learning any foreign language.
11. Foreign Exchange Trading (FOREX): Foreign exchange trading is a relatively competitive industry. When considered at first glance, it does not look like an attractive way to make a lot of money as the risks are quite high. It is however noteworthy that this is a top skill with which people are constantly earning more income. Any person interested in getting into doing business at a very advanced level in the future ought to have a good understanding of forex trading.
Forex trading basically involves the buying and selling of currencies against each other. A sound education in forex is paramount if a person is interested in gaining profit from FOREX trading. The ability to manage risks, calculate numbers easily and control one’s emotion are all very important when trading foreign currencies.
12. Public speaking: The act of public speaking is now one of the most valuable skill in today’s world when people consume millions of contents on the Internet everyday. People who are able to effectively capture the attention of their audience through public speaking are paid high for that skill. This is also why video streaming apps is currently one of the highest paying apps and it generates so much revenue their owners.
The interesting thing is that, this skill can be learned and perfected. All you have to do is to carefully pick a course on it and put in everything you have got. Trust me, there are many opportunities for public speakers and it pays very well. Take for example, good public speakers are usually hired by companies to make adverts. YouTube is another great platform that pays public speakers very well too.
13. Interpreting/Translating: If you are fluent in another language and want to work with people, being a translator might be a terrific option. When translating from one language to another, you may get a magnificent hourly wage. If you speak more than one language or are bilingual, this might be a terrific opportunity to earn some money rather quickly. This is so that they may find someone who can communicate information in a way that makes sense to them.
You have the option of working on-call or through steady employment. Another benefit of this employment is that if you start doing a good job, people will keep calling you.
14. Online Advertising Professional: There will always be a need for this expertise because it is so in-demand. Aside from the professional component of this ability, all you need to do to become an automated internet advertiser is develop a strong identity with plenty of followers. The finest social media channels for this are Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
This is the quickest path to becoming a well-known expert in online advertising. Another option is to identify oneself as a professional and then produce free advertisements as a start-up promotion.
Writing content, taking photos and videos, and editing skills are some of the abilities needed for success.
15. Bookkeeping: Professional bookkeeping services are needed by so many firms. If you’re an accountant or even a finance student, look for jobs where you can keep records in exchange for pay.
What does bookkeeping entail exactly? It is the documentation of all financial transactions, such as sales, purchases, receipts, and payments.
You will require some accounting understanding, such as Peachtree or simply the fundamentals of Excel, to do this task well. Online classes are free, so brush up on your Excel knowledge.
The top skills discussed above are my top 15 most profitable skills in 2023. They can all be learnt on the internet with the right dedication and focus. However, coming under the guidance and tutelage of a person who has mastered any of the above skills is a great way to master the skills even faster.
It is about time to be more intentional about getting some of these skills. In this technological era, a good knowledge of any one of the above skills will give a person the desired financial freedom and independence desired.