Admissions to the School of Health Information Management (SHIM) for 2023–2024 have been announced by UDUTH Sokoto. Applications for the ND, HND, and PHND programs go on sale on April 10 and close on August 7 of 2023. a chance to learn skills from a recognized Nigerian university.
The School of Health Information Management (SHIM) at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) has officially announced the start of its application process for the academic year 2023–2024.
UDUTH School Of Health Information Management Post UTME Form 2023/2024
Three main programs are being offered by the institution, namely:
- National Diploma (ND) Programme in Health Information Management
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Programme in Health Information Management
- Pre-Higher National Diploma (PHND) Programme in Health Information Management
National Diploma (ND)
For prospective ND students, the following criteria must be met:
- Achieving a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings in SSCE or its equivalent. Required subjects include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, and either Chemistry or Physics, plus one additional subject.
- Applicants must have sat for the 2023 UTME and must have achieved the cut-off point. Candidates that chose the School as their first choice will be given preference.
The ND program is slated to last four (4) academic semesters, spanning over two years, inclusive of a Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).
Higher National Diploma (HND)
For the HND program, the following qualifications are required:
- A National Diploma/Professional Diploma in Health Information Management with a minimum of lower credit.
- Evidence of completion of Part I license examination (ND).
- Evidence of at least one year of relevant work experience in a reputable Health Institution.
In addition, candidates must provide proof of their JAMB Admission letter obtained during ND Admission. Candidates with a pass (GPA of 1.00-1.49) should have at least two years of post-ND work experience to qualify for admission into the HND Programme.
The duration of the full-time HND program is two (2) academic sessions of four (4) semesters, including SIWES, whereas the part-time HND program extends over three (3) academic sessions of six (6) semesters, including SIWES.
READ ALSO: GVU POST-UTME SCREENING FORM
Pre-Higher National Diploma (PHND)
Candidates for the PHND program must meet the minimum entry requirements for HND, along with possessing a Health Technician Certificate (HT) in Health Information Management. For part-time applicants, an appointment letter is necessary.
The PHND program will run for one (1) academic session of two (2) semesters.
Interested candidates will undergo a screening process, where shortlisted candidates will be invited for a test and interview.
The online application can be initiated from the Admission Office of the School on Remita Payment, by selecting UDUTH SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION from the Service Type menu. The application fees are NGN2,000.00 for ND and NGN5,000.00 for HND and PHND.
The application period begins on 10th April 2023 and concludes on 7th August 2023.
In summary, this admission process opens the door to prospective students desiring to venture into the field of Health Information Management, presenting them with an opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills from one of Nigeria’s reputable institutions.
I hope you find this article helpful.