The African Union (AU) is currently calling for submission of application for Innovating Education in Africa (IEA) 2020. The aim is reorienting Africa’s education and training systems to meet the knowledge, competencies, skills, innovation and creativity required to nurture African core values and promote sustainable development at the national, sub-regional and continental levels as espoused in CESA.
The innovation should either be in the phase of piloting or implementation in Africa with some demonstrated success. The solutions should focus on one or more aspects of the education delivery system including data and analytics, teaching and learning management software, teaching and learning materials, connectivity of schools, assessment, education hardware and infrastructure, and school administration. Additionally, innovation should satisfy at least one of the following:
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
- Enable access to education and improved quality of delivery for those who are unable to access existing services.
- Demonstrate a scalable, sustainable business and financing model.
- Provide services to consumers at lower prices than existing alternatives.
Eligibility Criteria For IEA 2020
Applications are accepted from entrepreneurs aged between 18-35 years. Organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Implementing an education innovation in Africa in line with the “background” and “innovations being sought” defined in the Call for Submissions.
- Should have been a legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year.
- Should not have previously awarded in the top 10 categories of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019.
How to Apply for IEA 2020
Submissions should be made online in English or French at www.edu-au.org/submit-innovation. The following information should be submitted:
- Describe the need which the innovation targets (100 words max).
- Describe the business model for implementing the innovation (250 words max).
- Provide information on the impact or demonstrated success of your innovation (100 words max).
- Explain how innovation can be upscaled sustainably (100 words max).
- Video which shows your innovation in action.
- Profile of the organisation’s leader or leadership team, as applicable.
- Business registration certificate.
Deadline for submissions is 25th September 2020 by 23:00 (GMT+3).
Prizes And Rewards for IEA 2020
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
- Receive cash grants up to 100,000 USD.
- Innovation promoted to policy makers, investors, and practitioners during the Virtual Exhibition Day.
- Participate in entrepreneurship training, business incubation and acceleration program towards strengthening business model and scaling up of innovations.
- Innovation published in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
DOTSS is an acronym for Digital connectivity, Online and offline learning, Teachers as facilitators and motivators of learning, Safety online and in schools and Skills focused learning.
Recommended: Five persons you need to succeed
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?