Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2018/2019 Academic Session [UPDATED]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various full-time and part-time Postgraduate degree programmes of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Get Post UTME App For 2021 » Over 20,000 Post UTME Questions Offline » Post UTME Competition To Win N30,000 » Contains Past Questions of 13 Institutions » Free Post UTME Videos For All Topics
The Postgraduate Programmes are available in Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Tech. Education (M.Tech. Ed), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Management (MHM), Master of Accounting and Finance (MAFS), Master of Entrepreneur and Business Development (MEBD) and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) levels.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
Who can apply for a ATBU Postgraduate programmes?
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least Third Class Honours Degree.
- HND holders with a minimum of Lower credit from recognised institutions.
- Holders of any other qualifications together with relevant field experience as deemed acceptable to the University.
- Masters Degree
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- Candidates with approved University Honours Degree (CGPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 5.00 point) or CGPA of 2.40 ”“ 2.99 inclusive plus three years post graduation.
- Candidates with Third Class honours degree plus five years post graduation.
- Appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least a pass at credit level.
- Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with an average of C or above
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma with at least a credit pass from recognised institutions and at least a pass at credit level of Postgraduate Diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the relevant areas.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a qualifying examination either before approval of registration or at an appropriate stage of their course work or research.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) and Masters by Research Degrees
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Institutions who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- A good Second Class Honours Degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level. i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar TafawaBalewa University who hold Masters Degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study
- Graduates of other recognised Universities who hold Masters Degrees with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 5.00
- Candidates for the PhD programmes may be required to pass a qualifying examination and/or undergo a probationary period not exceeding 12 calendar months.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Duration
|PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS||FULL TIME|
|Post Graduate Diploma||12||24|
|PG PROGRAMME/DURATION IN MONTHS||PART TIME|
|Post Graduate Diploma||NIL||NIL|
*Note that the duration for Engineering Postgraduate Diploma courses is minimum of 24 months and maximum of 48 months.
How to Apply for ATBU Postgraduate Admission
Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with scanned copies of their credentials. It is mandatory for Applicants to make an arrangement with their previous institutions to forward a copy of their Transcript to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
Applicants for admission into postgraduate programmes should follow the following method of application:
- Interested applicants can obtain the application forms at our Online Portal, on payment of a non-refundable fee of (₦10,000.00) using either Card or visiting any Remita approved Bank. Completed application forms (can be downloaded from the portal), together with copies of relevant certificates, should be uploaded back to the portal.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the 3 referee forms are uploaded to the portal and his/her former institution send the confidential reports and academic transcripts respectively directly to the Secretary, Postgraduate School.
- The Postgraduate School will then forward the transcripts of each candidate to the Dean of the relevant faculties for consideration and recommendation to the Board of Postgraduate School.
Submission of Application Forms and Closing Date.
All applications will close on 4th April, 2019. Successful applicants will be notified either by E-mail or SMS.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?