If you have ever wondered how to get the perfect CV for your job application as a law graduate in Nigeria then this article is for you. You have found exactly what you are looking for.
After days of serious research and CV drafting with my friend (A Law Graduate), I have been able to get the best sample CV for law graduates in Nigeria.
The Sample CV I am about to share has been endorsed by various employers in the legal field. Therefore, you should take it very seriously.
Hot Cake Sample Law CV
SURNAME, OTHER NAMES
YOUR FULL ADDRESS
DATE OF BIRTH:
PLACE OF BIRTH:
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA:
STATE OF ORIGIN:
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED
- NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL, ABUJA AND YEAR ATTENDED (E.G 2015 – 2016)
- YOUR UNIVERSITY AND YEAR ATTENDED
- YOUR SECONDARY SCHOOL AND YEAR ATTENDED
- YOUR PRIMARY SCHOOL AND YEAR ATTENDED
(Put all your Educational Qualifications in the section above).
- CALL TO BAR CERTIFICATE YEAR (E.G 2016)
- COUNCIL OF LEGAL EDUCATION QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE (B.L) YEAR
- BACHELOR OF LAWS (LL. B) YEAR
- PUT OTHER ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS HERE
- WEST AFRICAN SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE YEAR
- FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE YEAR
WHERE YOU WORKED – THE STATE
YOUR JOB POSITION – DATE RANGE (E.G 2010 TO PRESENT)
ENTER YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION:
E.G: Working at a non-governmental organization that provides free community legal advice and services in areas of law” responsible for a number of legal and administrative task, including giving preliminary advice to clients after reviewing often complex reports and documents, and taking on litigations.
- Assisting to prepare client’s case documents.
- Attending courts and mediations
- Undertaking legal research
- Providing legal advice to decision clients.
- Filing documents and other administrative duties
NOTE: You can add as much work experience as possible under this section.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Able to interview clients and witnesses and take draft statements.
- Familiar with research documents and case histories.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and complete projects to schedule
- Enthusiasm, ambition, self-awareness and initiative.
- Initiating and conducting litigation proceedings.
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law.
- Communication and writing skills
- Telephone manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Tactful and articulate
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Client interview
- Dispute resolution
- Contract law
- Evidence law
WRITING, SINGING, READING, TRAVELLING
NAME OF REFEREE,
Email of the referee if available
Note: You can add as many referees as possible using the format above.
Congratulations! You have just drafted out a powerful CV. Feel free to share this with friends and don’t fail to let me know how you feel about this article via the comment box.
See Also: Five persons you need to be successful