My blog is Search Engine Optimised (SEO) yet I am not ranking. This is the common complaint I get from bloggers (especially those who are new in the game).
Sometimes you begin to wonder, is SEO even real? It is real… The only issue is that one Search engine optimisation mistake can mess up your entire blog. In my post on stupid blogging mistakes new bloggers should avoid, I emphasized so much on this.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
Now, is it possible for a blog to be Search Engine Optimised and yet not ranking? Possible when one or two important search engine ranking factors (SERF) are still missing.
If you have done your best in SEO but still not getting good number of organic traffic to your blog, quickly go through my recent post on the 10 reasons you are not ranking with your new blog and then follow the suggestions below:
1. Check If Your Site Is Indexed: To do this, visit Google search and type site:yourblogname.com. Replace yourblogname with the name of your blog (domain).
If I were the one doing this, I will simply type “site:flashlearners.com”
The number of your blog posts index will appear in the result. Else, you will get a warning that there is no record or data.
2. Ensure You Are Not Blocking BOTs: Check your WordPress settings and Robots.txt to ensure that you are not discouraging search engines from indexing your blog.
3. Update Your Old Blog Posts: Blogging is not all about creating new content. Updating your existing content and resubmitting to Google or other Search Engines can help improve your index status.
4. Know What You Are Ranking For: There is certainly keyword(s) you are ranking for. Discover and build your traffic around it.
How do I build traffic around keyword? It is very simple…. Check the topics that perform well for you and create more.
5. Build Your Blogs’s Authority: Focus on Internal and high-quality external links building.
6. Submit Your Blog: Submit your blog to blog directories like Alltop, etc. Once in a while, try resubmitting your site map and fetching as Google or Bing.
I will stop here for now… I will give you more updates with time……Or quickly go through my article on how to create great content here. I wish you the best!
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?