PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money.
If you have been asking the question, how do I open and verify a PayPal account in Nigeria, this article is for you.
A few years ago PayPal decided to consider and decided to add Nigeria to their list of supported countries that can use PayPal, which means you don’t need any old back doorways to open and run a PayPal account as a Nigerian.
You can now open and verify your PayPal account with very easy procedures. The good news is that you can open a PayPal account yourself and it is free.
How To Open Paypal Account Fast
To open a PayPal account in Nigeria, follow the simple steps below…
- First thing you do is visit the PayPal Website
- Click on signup”¦select personal or business
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue”¦you should see “Nigeria” in the drop-down area, your email address and password.
- Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
- Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
- Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
- Go to your email account and click on verify
- Voila!! Your account is set up
- Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
How To Link Card To Your Paypal Account
After successfully creating your PayPal account, the next step is to link it with your MasterCard or other supported cards. You can link more than one card to your PayPal account. I actually linked two cards to mine. To do this, follow the simple steps below…
- Simply login into your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop-down menu.
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop-up window that appears.
- Click on “Agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
- You are done.
7 Easy Steps To Create Paypal Account In 2023
Are you looking to create a PayPal account in Nigeria for future transactions and online payments? Look no further, as this article will guide you through the simple and quick process of creating a PayPal account in Nigeria.
PayPal is a globally recognized and trusted online payment system that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive money electronically.
With a PayPal account, you can easily and securely make transactions online without the need for physical cash or checks.
Follow these simple steps to create your PayPal account in Nigeria:
Step 1: Visit the PayPal website
Open your preferred web browser and search for the PayPal official website, which is https://www.paypal.com/ng.
Step 2: Click on the “Sign Up” Button
On the top right corner of the PayPal website, you will see a “Sign Up” button. Click on it to create your account.
Step 3: Choose an account type
Next, you will select either a Personal or Business account. A Personal account is ideal for personal use, while a business account is suitable for individuals with a registered company name.
Choose your preferred account type and complete the registration form by filling in your details, including your name, email address, and password.
Step 4: Verify your Email Address
After completing the registration form, you will be redirected to a page to verify your email address by clicking on a confirmation link sent to your email inbox.
Step 5: Link your Bank Account
To complete your account setup, you will need to link your bank account to your PayPal account. This ensures that you can withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account or transfer money to your PayPal account from your bank account.
To link your bank account, provide your bank account details, including your bank name, account number, and bank code.
Step 6: Verify your Bank Account
PayPal will send two small deposits to your linked bank account, which you will need to confirm on the PayPal website to verify ownership of the bank account.
Step 7: Start using your PayPal Account
Congratulations! You have successfully created your PayPal account in Nigeria. You can now start using your PayPal account, fund your account, and make transactions online securely and conveniently.
In conclusion, creating a PayPal account in Nigeria is simple and straightforward by following these steps. Ensure you have all the necessary information and documents required to complete the registration process.
With your PayPal account, you can make online payments and transactions efficiently and securely.