PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. To participate, you need to create a PayPal account.
If you have been asking the question, how do I open and verify PayPal account in Nigeria, this article is for you.
Few years ago PayPal decided to consider and decided to add Nigeria to their list of supported countries that can use PayPal, which means you don’t need any old back door ways to open and run PayPal account as a Nigerian.
You can now open and verify you PayPal account with very easy procedures. The good news is that you can open the PayPal account yourself and it is free.
HOW TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
To open a PayPal account in Nigeria, follow the simple steps below…
- First thing you do is visit the PayPal Website here
- Click on signup…select personal or business
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
- Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
- Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
- Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
- Go to your email account and click on verify
- Voila!! Your account is set up
- Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
HOW TO LINK A CARD TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
After successsful creating your paypal account, the next step is to link it with your mastercard or other supported cards. You can link more than one card to your paypal account. I actually linked two cards to mine. To do this, follow the simple steps below…
- Simply login in to your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop down menu.
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop up window that appears
- Click on “agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
- You are done.
Good News! Get The Offers Below For Free:
- Download Over 13,000 Hot Jamb Questions
- Follow My Jamb, Blogging, Waec & Neco Tutorials
- Get All Waec Past Questions With Flashlearners App
- Practice Waec & Jamb Questions Online
Feel free to tell me how you feel using the comment box below…
Score 350+ In Jamb 2018: Download Flashlearners Jamb CBT APP To Get Over 13,000 Likely Questions
I Have Started Sending Daily Hot Updates! Enter Your Email To Subscribe
I Started This Blog As A Passion, With The Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials. You May Click Here To Roll With Me On Instagram @Officialflashisaac.
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- Protesters Took To The Street To Demand Postponement of Exam Date - February 23, 2018
- Top 8 Jarking styles that pays in any Nigerian University - February 23, 2018
- Waec 2018 Official Timetable And How To Prepare Along With It - February 23, 2018