How Will Jamb 2022 Use of English questions Look? This is the question asked by desperate jamb candidates for 2022 who really want to score high.
In this article, I will list out the areas Jamb will set use of English 2022 objective questions from and how you can answer the questions effectively…
See Also: How many questions Jamb will set for 2022.
Jamb Use of English Questions 2022
1.. Comprehension Passages: Jamb will never forget to set questions from compression passages. They get their comprehension passages from various sources such as newspapers, novels, Waec passages, English texts books, etc.
Jamb expects you to read the comprehension passages and be able to answer the following likely questions on English comprehension:
- What is the central idea in the passage?
- Which of the following is true according to the Author?
- What was the mood of the writer?
- What is the suitable title for the passage?
- According to the passage, the following can be deduced?
- What is the meaning of the word “absorbed, etc” as used in the passage?
- What can we learn from the characters in the passage?
Those are the hot questions Jamb asks from comprehension passages. You should be able to attempt them. You may want to click here to know how to answer Jamb comprehension passages.
2. Fill In The Gap: This is like a comprehension passage but the problem here is that some words are deliberately omitted and you are asked to complete it. Some fill in the gap also come as single questions and they are simple.
Your best bet in passing this area is to read the passage to see the word that best makes sense to fill in the gap.
3. Recommended Novel: Every year, Jamb recommends novels for Use of English utme and direct entry examination. The novels are compulsory and questions always come from there. Check here to see recommended novels for Jamb 2022.
4. Interpretations, Idioms, Antonyms, Synonyms: Jamb will make sentences and ask you to either interpret, find the hidden meaning of the idiomatic expressions, and to find the words similar or opposite to the ones bolded or in italic.
5. Oral Form: This tests your grammar and knowledge of vowels and consonants. It is imperative you learn oral English so as to do well in this area.