The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (Jamb) released an official statement as to whether 2019 election will affect Jamb 2019/2020 or not.
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board ( JAMB ), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, disclosed that the 2019 general elections would not affect the board’s 2019/2020 examination.
According to him, there will be no need for a shift in the examination date because of the 2019 general elections as INEC has done well by giving a prior notice six months ago and JAMB has adjusted appropriately.
Oloyede decried the rate at which candidates, who were not qualified to write the examination applied for it, thereby, causing what he described as “unnecessary luggage” on the board.
He said that the examination body would adopt stiffer measures to check incidences of unqualified candidates from applying and writing the examination for the 2019/2020 admission exercise.
The JAMB registrar said the body would begin the 2019/2020 examination process by October, promising that the procedure for the next examination would be better than the last one.
Recommended: How to pass jamb once and for all
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- SEARCH FLASH LEARNERS
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ABOUT BECE, WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND JOBS GUIDE
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- SPECIAL TOPICS FOR PARENTS
- Jamb Series Part 16: Jamb WhatsApp Group - Sep 20, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 47: Candidates Who Applied To Your School - Sep 19, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 49: Things You Can Do With Jamb Profile - Sep 18, 2020