Following the fact that the Current 152 Universities in Nigeria (Private and Public) are not enough, the Nigeria Universities Commission (NUC) boss has disclose the move of the body to approve the establishment of 150 new private universities in the country. This will make the number of universities in Nigeria equal to 302.
This was reported by the Executive Secretary of the commission, Prof Adamu Abubakar Rasheed. According to him, it is ignorance that will make some persons feel that establishing more universities in Nigeria should stop. In addition, emphasized the fact that the current 152 universities are not enough for a population of over 150 million people.
Why more private universities should be established
As a matter of fact, he further made the point clear by comparing Nigeria with Argentina. He said that Argentina’s population of just about 44 million has 1705 universities while several other developing countries with lesser than population of Nigeria has over 300 universities.
He concluded that 243 applications are presently being processed by the body for private Universities. Therefore, in the next two or three years, 150 private universities will be approved and established.
What do you think?
Good News! Get The Offers Below For Free:
- Download Over 13,000 Hot Jamb Questions
- Follow My Jamb, Blogging, Waec & Neco Tutorials
- Get All Waec Past Questions With Flashlearners App
- Practice Waec & Jamb Questions Online
Score 350+ In Jamb 2018: Download Flashlearners Jamb CBT APP To Get Over 13,000 Likely Questions
I Have Started Sending Daily Hot Updates! Enter Your Email To Subscribe
I Started This Blog As A Passion, With The Vision To Inspire & Empower Young Persons; Helping Them Realise & Maximise their Potentials. You May Click Here To Roll With Me On Instagram @Officialflashisaac.
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- Protesters Took To The Street To Demand Postponement of Exam Date - February 23, 2018
- Top 8 Jarking styles that pays in any Nigerian University - February 23, 2018
- Waec 2018 Official Timetable And How To Prepare Along With It - February 23, 2018