If you’re currently a student in any Nigerian University, Polytechnic or College of education, this is very important: You need a student account without zero opening fee and zero running balance to receive money from home and to carry out transactions in school.
Not having money to open a bank account is no longer an excuse. Students are open to different favour and opportunities. Someone can just say, “Send me your account number so that I can transfer some cash to you”. It is an error for you to say, “I don’t have a bank account yet”.
With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince and not to confuse you that you need an account as a student in any Nigerian University, Polytechnic or College of Education.
Best Bank And Account Type For Students
I highly recommend Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) students account. It is very simple to operate. I have been banking with GTBank for years. I started with their student account and I currently have a domiciliary account with them. A good alternative is the FCMB Flex account.
GTBank Nigeria has different types of savings account, some for kids, some for students, some for workers and some for just basic savings.
The one you need to create in this situation is called GTCrea8 e-savers for. It is called GTCre8 e-savers because you would spend less time having to go into the banking hall for basic services.
What Do With A GTCrea8 e-savers Account
- Paying cash into your account using GTBank special cash ATMs
- Ability to buy airtime, Pay cable tv fees and electric bills
- Ability to withdraw cash within Nigeria and abroad on ATMs
- Making payments with your card at outlets accepting POS payments
- Ability to pay in cash and dividend warrants into your account
- Free access to internet banking.
How To Open A Student Account With GTBank Nigeria
It is very easy to open a student account with GTBank. Generally, Gtbank staff do go to different classes to create an account for students. Alternatively, you could just walk to any GTBank branch close to you. It is free to open the GTBank students account.
- Filled application form
- One passport photograph
- A valid means of identification (such as school id or any other id + Admission letter)
Note: You can use your eligibility slip if your school ID card is not ready.
Read Also: How to start making money in school
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- SEARCH FLASH LEARNERS
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ABOUT BECE, WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND JOBS GUIDE
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- SPECIAL TOPICS FOR PARENTS
- Jamb Series Part 16: Jamb WhatsApp Group - Sep 20, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 47: Candidates Who Applied To Your School - Sep 19, 2020
- Jamb Series Part 49: Things You Can Do With Jamb Profile - Sep 18, 2020