PTE Academic stand for Pearson Test of English Academic. PTE Academic question formats range from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE is a three-hour test session and there will be three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading.
GET JAMB CBT APP 2022 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Speaking requires Intonation, pronunciation, fluency, grammar and lexical resources. Listening requires concentration, your ability to distinguish what is important what is not., grammar, vocabulary. Writing requires punctuation, concord, grammar, etc.
How To Score High In PTE Academic
- Be aware of the pattern of the test and questions types.
- Understand that it is a computer-based test
- Don’t ignore spelling and grammar.
- You need to make a PTE Study plan and stick to it
- Devote these 3 hours every day without skipping. Take the mock tests, scored and unscored tests to enhance your preparation and to assess yourself.
- If you are listening to a podcast, try taking notes or transcribing it. Record your answers to improve Oral fluency and pronunciations.
- For Writing, Understand the topic and plan your essay
- For Speaking, Focus on your Oral Fluency and Pronunciation
- For Reading, Practice reading as much as you can to develop reading speed.
- For Listening, Listen to different content to get familiar with different accents. Practice taking the notes as you hear.
- Answering 73-80 questions in a 3-hour exam is not easy. It would be best if you practised enough to read the questions, understand them, and write them. But leaving no time for review is the most common mistake. Avoid it.
- Do not keep scouring the web for PTE Study materials; you might end up getting some random and inauthentic materials. Get on to a trusted and proven platform that provides you with the practice materials for each section, question bank and mock tests.
- A strong vocabulary is necessary to clear the PTE-A Exam. Learn as many synonyms as possible. Practice using new words in your speech. It represents your language quality.
- To be confident, practice with a microphone and headphones.
- Read Aloud
- Highlight Incorrect Words
- Listening Fill in the Blanks
- Summarize Spoken Text
- Reading Fill in the Blanks
- The questions that contribute to the score of another section and are challenging.
- The questions that contribute to the score of another section and are your strong areas.
- The questions that carry negative marking.
- The questions that need skill polishing.
- Devote at least 2 hours a day to preparing for them.
- Practice with the repeated questions. (Get our PTE-A Exam Memories File)
- Spend time to re-collect and summarise everything you learnt on the previous day.
- Assess yourself with scored practice tests.
- Spend at least half an hour on strengthening the areas you’re already good at.
- Learn ways to save time by completing them faster.
- Know how can you avoid common mistakes while answering them.
- Learn all the tips that can help you.
- Take the correction service from the experts and get experts guidance and tips.
- Write down the tips & strategies on paper and stick on your study table.
- Read those tips every time you take a break.
- Refer to the previous year’s questions and the most repeated questions.
Recommended: Popular International Exams
I hope you found this helpful? Feel free to share with others and don’t fail to comment below.