Can a student who hasn’t gotten to SS3 sit for Waec and Neco, as well as Jamb? This is the question I get frequently from SS1 and SS2 students who are eager to know if they can sit for these examinations and whether it is advisable.
Now, we live in a society where it is believed that you must get to final year in secondary school before making an attempt to take external examinations that determine your University or Polytechnic admission.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Get WAEC App For 2021 » Over 28,000 Waec Questions Offline » Waec Competition To Win N30,000 » Waec Literature Novels And Questions » Free SSCE Videos For All Topics
Before I go into other details, let me quickly answer the question right before us. An SS1 or SS2 student can sit for Waec / Jamb examination and it is highly advisable. The truth of the matter is that you may not pass at a first sitting (not because you wrote from SS1/2).
Attempting Waec/Neco before SS3 will enable you to gather a whole lot of experience that will help you improve. Luckily, you could pass your Waec, Jamb, Post UTME and gain admission right from SS1 or 2. This is a big advantage on your part.
And for parents who feel it is too early for their children to take Waec and Jamb when they just entering Senior Secondary School; Remember the age factor in getting jobs these days. Gaining admission at a young age would boost the academic performance of your children and as well give them comparative advantage in the labour market.
Advantages Of Taking Waec, Neco & Jamb From SS1/SS2
In summary, the following are reasons you should try these examination while you are still in secondary school:
- You are still very hot and with high level of assimilation.
- You will be exposed to Standard Waec past questions.
- Most Secondary schools in Nigeria do not equip you for Waec standard questions.
- Waec preparations will enable you learn things you may not be taught in your school.
- Even if you don’t pass, you will be better off than those who did not attempt. Your chance of passing again will be high.
- You could just pass Waec, Jamb and Neco at one sitting.
- You would gain admission at a young age and your friends will be challenged.
- Entering the University at a young age is a good learning factor.
- You would gain admission before your elder brother/sister (lol).
- Your friends and parents will be proud of you.
FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?