The world is getting more advanced technologically with every passing day. Most examinations that used to be simple paper and pen or oral testing are now purely computer-based testing.
Since change is constant, it is our duty to stay up to date so as not to miss out of the interesting things life has to offer.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
Some of the examinations, both locally and internationally that require the use of computer-based testing method includes:
- Scholarship examinations or Aptitude tests.
- Entrance examinations into the University
- Promotional examinations and
- Joint Admission and matriculation board (JAMB) testing here in Nigeria…
Now, if you are preparing for a computer-based examination and still wondering, how do I operate the computer? This article is specifically for you. The good news is that you don’t need to be very good at computer to write a computer-based examination. All you need are the basic concepts of computer.
You should also note that, you are not the one going to fix the computer. You will meet an already switched on and connected computer system. As a matter of fact, the examination environment will be opened for you.
All you need to do in a Jamb Computer-based testing?
Like I stated earlier, the computer-based examination environment will already be set-up for you. All you need to do for most CBT examination:
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
- Login with the Username and/or password that you will be provided with.
- After successful login, you will see a page containing a set of instructions for the online examination.
See a sample computer-based examination login screen below:
- Scroll down with mouse to where you would see “start examination or begin test now”.
How to use a mouse?
The mouse is an input computer device used to move the pointer around the computer screen.
Using a computer mouse is very easy. The main functions are the scroll, right-click, left click, double click, highlight and drag. You will see a typical desktop mouse below:
As you move the mouse, the pointer will also move along. When you get to where you want, all you need to do is click.
- Now, you have the option to choose a subject, to begin with. Click on your favourite subject but don’t waste time answering it.
- Immediately you start, your time will start counting at the top. When the time is over, the answer will automatically be submitted by the computer.
NEXT: Answering computer-based (CBT) Questions:
- You will be given questions and about five options for each question. Here, you need the knowledge of scrolling and clicking that you have learnt in this tutorial.
- Read and begin to answer the questions. In the screen, you will see a NEXT and PREVIOUS button. After answering a question, click the next button for new set of questions.
- Use the PREVIOUS button to confirm or cross-check your answer.
- Below the screen is a set of questions you are to answer. The answered questions will be marked green (in some cases) and the unanswered with show another colour.
- You can switch between subjects or question numbers on the computer.
- Be very conscious of time. See the images below for better understanding. Don’t fail to share with friends using the share buttons below or drop your comment.
Feel free to ask your invigilators questions.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?