UNIBEN CERHI: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates into the MSc and PhD programmes in Reproductive Health offered under the auspices of the Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI) in the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nursing Sciences, Community Health and Health Economics at the University of Benin.
The University of Benin is a first generation federally-funded University in South-South Nigeria, established in 1971.
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
CERHI is a World Bank-supported project at the University of Benin whose mission is to implement high quality training and applied research for professionals needed to build a new cohort of human resource to tackle the population and reproductive health challenges in the African region.
The program which commenced in 2016, has acquired some of the most up-to-date pedagogical, research and laboratory facilities that compete favorably with some of the best in any part of the World, and has graduated its first set of students.
The program particularly invites applications from students in other African countries, as CERHI has excellent training facilities that will meet their needs, including a fully air-conditioned international students’ hostel complete with 24-hours internet access and a wonderful receptivity by the University community throughout their stay.
UNIBEN CERHI ”“ Available Programmes
1) MSc and PhD in Reproductive Health.
2) MPH and PhD in Public Health with specialization in Reproductive and Family Health.
3) MSc and PhD in Nursing Sciences.
4) MSc and PhD in Health Economics.
5) Post Graduate Diploma in Health Economics.
UNIBEN CERHI ”“ Admission Requirements
To be qualified for admission into these courses, a candidate must possess the following:
1) At least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or equivalent qualifications in other countries). NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
2) For MSc, a first degree or its equivalent in at least Second Class Lower Division from any University recognized by the University of Benin.
3) A candidate applying for the PhD must have obtained a minimum of 60% Average Credit Point Aggregate in the Master’s Degree.
4) A candidate applying for the PhD with Master’s Degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones at the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum score of 60%.
5) For Nigerian applicants only candidates, only those with National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge or exemption certificates, would be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidates should note that holders of a pass (Degree/Diploma) are not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of Third (3rd) class degree must possess Postgraduate degree Diplomas (PGD) to be eligible for consideration for admission into the Master’s programme.
How to Apply for UNIBEN CERHI Postgraduate Admission
Candidates are to purchase an application form online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD with the sum of N25,500.00 ($75.0).
The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and printing out the Application and Referee Forms from the Website: www.myuniben.org. Candidates should kindly note that any form not properly completed will not be treated.
Scholarships: CERHI has scholarships for highly qualified international students, especially female students.
The scholarship excludes the payment of acceptance fees but includes tuition, boarding and living expenses. However, such applicants should apply in writing to the Centre Leader, CERHI, University of Benin, Benin city, Nigeria at the time of submission of their applications.
Internships: Candidates who gain admission into the CERHI programme will be sponsored to attend internship in an industry location at a local, national, regional or international destination based on their academic performance. This is to enable the students gain on-hands training and field experiences in a reproductive health field.
Modern Library, Online Resources and High Speed Internet: Successful applicants will also have at their disposal a state of the art library space equipped with computers, books and journals as well as world class online resources which can be accessed with our high speed internet available to every student.
Recommended: Uniben postgraduate admision form
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?