Uniben Postgraduate form for 2017/2018 Session is out and currently on sale. For information and updates on eligible status and how to how to register or apply for Uniben postgraduate programme, continue reading ….
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DATE:
The Uniben Postgraduate application will commence on Monday, 1st May, 2017. Ensure to apply on time so as to be on a safer side.
UNIBEN Postgraduate (PG) Application 2017
– Eligible Programmes –
1) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
2) FACULTY OF ARTS
3) FACULTY OF EDUCATION
4) FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
5) INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
6) INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION & EXTENSION SERVICES
7) FACULTY OF LAW
8) FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
9) FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
10) COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
11) FACULTY OF PHARMACY
13) FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
14) SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
15) FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
16) CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN GEOSCIENCES & PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
17) UNIVERSITY F BENIN/ AFRICAN ECONOMIC RESEARCH CONSORTIUM CORROBORATIVE PH.D PROGRAMME IN ECONOMICS
18) CENTRE FOR GENDER STUDIES
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
I. A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
II. Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
III. A holder of a Pass (Degree / Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
IV. Candidates who obtained Master‟s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
V. A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master‟s degree.
VI. A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master‟s degree from any other University who in his/her Master‟s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%
VII. Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Transcripts: Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Referees Reports: Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to [email protected] or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: students are advised to always check this website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please indicate your e-mail address / telephone when applying.
How To Apply For Uniben Postgraduate Programme 2017
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of N12,050.00. Application fee is N11.500 while Processing fee is N550
- Candidates are to complete the application online via https://uniben.waeup.org/
- The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- Application and Referee forms will be printed out from the Website.
- Forms not properly filled will not be onsidered.
UNIBEN SCREENING DETAILS
Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination.
The entrance examination date will be announced soon.
However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
Uniben Postgraduate Admission Notice
Only candidate given admission into the various PG programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees itemised below.
- Bank / Portal Charges – 3,000.00
- Admission clearance – 20,000.00
- ICT Levy – 6,000.00
- Development levy – 15,000.00
- MTN Net Library – 1,000.00
- Total – 45,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before clearance.
Uniben Postgraduate Programme 2017 Application Deadline DEADLINE
The application deadline for Uniben postgraduate programme is Tuesday, 30th May, 2017.
See Also: Five persons you must meet to succeed
Like This Article? Subscribe To Get More For Free!
I started this Blog as a Passion, with the Vision to Inspire and Empower Students and Graduates, helping them Realise and Maximise their Potentials.
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- Summary of JAMB 2017 CAPS Sensitization Programme And Hot Details - September 22, 2017
- Apply For The 2018 $500 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship Program - September 22, 2017
- How To Receive Money In Nigeria Using Western Union - September 22, 2017