GCE Chemistry: What are the areas GCE will set Chemistry Questions from and how do I get GCE Chemistry OBJ And Essay Questions? GCE Chemistry Questions are what we shall discuss here.
Chemistry is important to every GCE Science Candidate. Read on for Sample Questions GCE would set in Chemistry Objective And Theory or Browse GCE Chemistry Syllabus.
Waec Videos For All Topics
Waec GCE Chemistry 1 & 2 Questions And Answers
You have asked the questions, what are the areas Waec GCE sets questions in Chemistry? I am here to give you bold answers to your question.
To make this topic easy for you to understand, I will divide it into three sections. The three sections are:
- Waec GCE Chemistry Objective Questions
- Waec GCE Chemistry Essay Questions And Answers.
- Instructions To Pass GCE Examination.
GCE Chemistry Objective Questions
As usual, you will be given questions and options A to E to choose from. Normally, the number of objective questions (OBJ) you are to answer in Waec GCE Chemistry Science is 50.
- A. water
- B. mercury
- C. paraffin
- D. phenol
- A. calcium hydrogentrioxocarbonate (IV)
- B. calcium trioxocarbonate (IV)
- C. calcium tetraoxosulphate (VI)
- D. calcium hydroxide
- A. bad colour
- B. bacteria
- C. temporary hardness
- D. permanent hardness
- A. NO2
- B. NH3
- C. N2O
- D. NO2
- A. negative
- B. zero
- C. positive
- D. indeterminate
- A. further heating
- B. adding concentrated H2SO4
- C. cooling the acid solution with cold water
- D. bubbling air through the acid solution
- A. positive ion
- B. neutral atom of a metal
- C. neutral atom of a non-metal
- D. negative ion
- A. Reforming
- B. Polymerization
- C. Distillation
- D. Cracking
- A. 2.536
- B. 1.623
- C. 4.736
- D. 0.394
- A. 10.0s
- B. 12.5s
- C. 17.7s
- D. 32.0s
- A. endothermic
- B. exothermic
- C. reversible
- D. ionic
†’ + alpha particle
- A. 226
- B. 220
- C. 227
- D. 222
- A. trigonal planar
- B. octahedral
- C. square planar
- D. tetrahedral
- A. 54.0g
- B. 27.0g
- C. 13.5g
- D. 108.0g
- A. Low melting point
- B. Weak electropositive character
- C. High boiling point
- D. White lustrous appearance
16. The tincture of iodine means iodine dissolved in
B. bromine chloride
C. chlorine water
View Answer & Discuss (1)
17. Temporary hard water is formed when rain water containing dissolved carbon(IV) oxide flows over deposits of
18. The acid anhydride that will produce weak acid in water is
19. In the laboratory preparation of ethyl ethanoate, the water present in the mixture is removed using a solution of
A. an hydrous CaCl4
B. concentrated NaCO4
C. dilute NaOH
D. concentrated H4SO4
20. Which of the following reactions would take place when concentrated sodium hydroxide solution is added to palm oil?
21. Starch could be converted to glucose by the process of
22. Which of the following compounds is a secondary alkanol?
23. Which of the following substances is a heavy chemical?
B. Barim Hydroxide
C. Hydrochloric acid
24. Which of the following process does not take place in domestic water treatment?
25. A substance responsible for the sour taste of unripe orange is
C. Alkanoic acid
26. Which of the following products of biotechnology can be used as a fuel in place of petrol?
27. Which of the following polymers in thermosetting?
28. Which of the following gases is monoatomic?
29. The general formula of alkanones is
30. The constituent common to duralumin and alnico is
31. The shape of the S-orbital is
32. Aluminium hydroxide is used in the dyeing industry as a
- A. 1.6 10-4
- B. 6.3 10-11
- C. 6.3 10-4
- D. 1.6 10-11
34. Incomplete oxidation of ethanol yields
- A. CH3COOH
- B. CH3COCH3
- C. CH3CH2OCH2CH3
- D. CH2CHO
- A. A saturated solution
- B. an acidic solution
- C. a buffer solution
- D. an alkaline solution
Read Also: How to answer GCE questions very fast
Chemistry Waec GCE Theory Questions And Answers
The following are the kind of questions you should expect in Waec GCE Chemistry Theory or Essay. They are hot cake questions:
- Write short note on the following:
- Different between exothermic and endothermic reaction with the aid of equations.
- When few drops of concentrated trioxonitrate(V) acid is added to an unknown sample and wanned an intense yellow colouration is observed. The likely functional group present in the sample is
Waec GCE Examination Instructions
- Do not open your question paper until you are told to do so
- USE HB pencil throughout in the OBJ Section
- You are free to use Biro in the theory part
- You are allowed to use calculator to solve
- Make sure that you fill your name, Subject, paper, paper code and other examination details where necessary.
- Ensure that the texts in your question papers are boldly printed
- Behave yourself.
- Don’t let invigilators catch you using expo
That’s all for now… I shall update you when more real live questions and answers come up. However, I advise that you are hardworking so as to pass your Waec GCE once and for all.
Read Also: How to read and pass Waec GCE in one day
Feel free to share this article with friends using the share buttons and don’t fail to comment using the comment box below.