The World Bank is inviting applications from qualified professionals in the continent of Africa to fill to assume various office in the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation.
Application Deadline: 21st January 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): United States or other countries
Eligible Fields: Education, Health, Development Economics, Information Technology Systems, Social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance.
About the Award: In 2015, the World Bank Group launched a recruitment mission to attract Sub Saharan African professionals to its work force. The initiative was the first of its kind for the institution and resulted in numerous hires into business areas such as Education, Health, Development Economics, Information Technology Systems, Social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance. The World Bank Group continues its commitment to hiring Sub-Saharan African professionals and announces its latest recruitment mission to again attract highly qualified Sub-Saharan African professionals who are looking for an exciting career, where their effort will contribute to the institution’s goal of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill various roles within the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation that may be located in Washington, D.C. or one of our regional offices.
Offered Since: 2015
- Minimum qualifications for entry-level positions include a Master’s degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- For mid-career professionals, the minimum requirements are a Master’s degree plus 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ideal candidates for these positions must have a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, the ability to conduct dialogue on relevant development policies and priorities, and fluency in English.
- Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish, or Russian is preferred.
Value of Recruitment: A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity for exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. Bank staff work with governments, civil society groups, the private sector, and others in developing countries around the world, assisting clients in all areas of development, from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision of development projects.
Duration of Recruitment: Full Time
How to Apply:
To view and apply for any position, please click the vacancies below.
Award Provider: The World Bank Group
Important Notes:Candidates who have previously submitted applications through the Recruitment Drive for African Nationals in 2015 must submit a new application to be considered for opportunities in this year’s campaign. We apologize that we are unable to consider previously submitted applications.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted as early as August 2016 for interviews which may be conducted in Washington, D.C. or locations in Africa. Interviews will be conducted through September 2016. Based on the availability of interviewers and candidates some interviews may be conducted virtually.
Reference: See it here
Like This Article? Subscribe To Get More For Free!
I started this Blog as a Passion, with the Vision to Inspire and Empower Students and Graduates, helping them Realise and Maximise their Potentials.
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- Summary of JAMB 2017 CAPS Sensitization Programme And Hot Details - September 22, 2017
- Apply For The 2018 $500 WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarship Program - September 22, 2017
- How To Receive Money In Nigeria Using Western Union - September 22, 2017