Jamb Introduced 8 Guidelines for UTME to prevent candidates from cheating. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board took this step to reduce the rate at which Jambites were engaging in examination malpractice.
The truth of the matter is that you can pass Jamb with runs or expo. It is all about discipline and passion. The 8 Jamb guidelines to stop cheating are as follows…
1. CCTV CAMERAS: The adoption of CCTV cameras and no wristwatch policy for all the CBT centres. This will ensure that Jamb monitors everyone as they write exam in the hall. The videos will still be checked after the examination to ensure that results of those who cheated are held.
2. MORE COMPUTERS AND CBT CENTRES: The adoption of an unmarried corridor containing many computer systems with extra backup computers in case of technical issue. There has been a long battle to curb examination malpractice in Nigeria all to no avail.
3. BETTER CONNECTIVITY: The adoption of cabled Local Area Network (LAN) and no wireless connectivity. This is to ensure that no network issues during the examination.
Recommended: How to survive Jamb Cbt Update
4. CUBICLES: The adoption of cubicles with a minimum length of 26 by 18 inches. A cubicle is a partially enclosed office workspace that is separated from neighbouring workspaces by partitions. This is to ensure that you don’t see your neighbour’s questions or answers in the hall.
5. STRONG SECURITY: There will be adequate security with a minimum of five technical personnel and a network engineer on site.
6. BACKUP GENERATORS: Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of a minimum of 40KVA for a centre with 250 systems) and UPS/inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two hours.
7. RECEPTION FACILITY: All the centres should have a minimum of 250-capacity reception facility such as canopy with chairs. With this, the movement of candidates will be monitored.
8. GOOD LIGHT, ENVIRONMENT AND SOFTWARE: All the centres’ premises must be enclosed and must have adequate and functional air-conditioners. The centres must also have lighting, up-to-date antivirus and minimum of Windows 7, among others. Recall that Jamb no longer uses scratch cards but “pin vending”.
Recommended: What you should know about Jamb
These are various techniques put in place by Jamb to ensure that the system is fair to everyone and no cheating is recorded. Ensure to follow the Jamb 8 guidelines. I wish you success…
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?