National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Releases Travel Safety Tips for Prospective Corps Members.
The Orientation Programme for the 2019 Batch “B” Stream 1 Corps Members will commence Tuesday, 18th June, 2019 nationwide.
Get Jamb CBT App 2021 » Over 16,000 Jamb Questions Offline » Competition To Win N30,000 » All Jamb Literature Novels » Jamb English Novel "The Life Changer" » Free Video Classes For All Topics
By implication, Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) shall be travelling across the length and breath of the country to the various NYSC Camps for the exercise.
NYSC Travel Safety Tips for Prospective Corpers
Towards this end, it has become very imperative for the PCMs to note the following travel safety tips and adhere strictly to them:
1. Every successful journey starts with a travel plan. PCMs, are enjoined to make adequate travel preparation before setting out on the journey. Therefore, you must ensure and crosscheck that you’ve packed all the relevant documents that will be requested at the point of registration. This is to guard against the danger of being asked to go back home and fetch the forgotten documents. Doing so will over expose you to our roads fraught with so many risks.
2. Kindly research your destinations thoroughly before leaving.
The Best CBT Applications Get Jamb CBT App, Waec App, Bece App, Ncee App Or Ijmb App. Win Prizes: Install Any Flashlearners App to Win Up ₦30,000 While Learning.
3, On no account should you board a vehicle by the roadside because of seemingly attractive cheap fare. It is highway to calamity. So many have fallen preys to armed robbers, kidnappers and ritualists due to such indiscreet action. You should board vehicles only from recognised parks.
4. Please, be conscious of your travel time. Journeys must be arranged in such a way that you arrive your destination latest 6 pm. Note that if it’s not possible to arrive your destination at the aforesaid time, please, break the journey.
5. Avoid unnecessary argument/discussion bordering on politics and religion, among others. You may unwittingly cause offence. Keep your views to yourself.
6. Be courteous, but don’t trust people too quickly and don’t be loud while answering telephone calls, so as not to unknowingly divulge information that may place you on harm’s way.
7. Watch your drinking habit. Alcohol dulls your senses. Always be sober.
8. Take only what you need for the journey. Don’t over burden yourself with load.
9. Dress normal. Don’t overdress. Conversely, don’t dress shabbily, since either way, you unduly stand out.
10. Please, keep a very close watch over your personal effects. It is advisable that you carry your vital documents (certificates, International passport etc) on you.
11. Don’t put valuables in your back pocket for that’s always the pickpocket’s first point of call. It’s safer to use your front pocket.
12. Keep your family and trusted friends updated on your itinerary.
The Director ”“ General, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim wishes you travel mercies, as you proceed to the respective camps in obedience to the clarion call to serve the Nation for one calendar year.
FLASHLEARNERS FREE VIDEO TUTORIALS SUBJECTS: Learn Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics And Social Science Subjects. EXAMS: Prepare For African Exams, International Exams And Scholarships.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?