Few days ago, I wrote “5 ways you can get an education with a difference”. I made it clear that skill acquisition is essential for every student. In this article, I will be dealing on the essential technology skills you should learn right now.
Technology has really made our life easier. It is your responsibility to make good use of it, so as to make your life better as well. Check the essential tech skills you should learn right now.
Learn These Essential Technology Skills Now
1. How to type faster
It is high time you increase your typing speed. You do not need to pay people each time you want to type a project or homework. Install Mavis Beacon and improve your typing speed. This will make your life easier.
2. Computer shortcut Action
There are so many computer shortcuts to make your work faster. You should learn how to use the CTRL functions (CTRL+A to Z). Some examples are:
- CTRL+A to Select all
- CTRL+P to Print
- CTRL+ESC to access start botton in taskbar
- CTRL+F10 to display pop-up
Also learn how to use alternate keys. For example, ALT+F4 is a shortcut to close a program.
3. How to search google
Google has made life easier. You can actually type in what you like and get bunch of results. However, many persons still don’t know how to properly use google search. The following google search skills might be of help:
- On top of every search, you will see tabs like web, image, news, etc. If you are looking for images, use the image tab. If you are looking for news article, use the news tab, etc.
- Use quotes when searching for something specific to minimize irrelevant results.
- Exclude words using hyphen
- Use a colon to search for specific sites
- You can use google search to do maths. E.g type 5+5… you will get answer.
- Use important words only.
- You can use google search for currency conversion
- Spelling doesn’t really matter.
4. How to use Social Media
Navigating the world of social media includes everything from using hashtags effectively and in the right context to scheduling Facebook posts. Learn how to properly use social media for school and work and how to protect yourself on it.
Good News! You can now practice Jamb Questions, Post Utme Quiz, Waec&Neco CBT, Current Affairs And Even Jobs & Scholarships aptitude test Questions Online here at Flashlearners. CLICK HERE TO START NOW
5. How to reset your phone
As simple as this, people pay heavily for it. It doesn’t make sense. You should learn how to factory reset your phone as well as other simple GSM hacks.
6. How to Use Micro Soft Office
For windows users, the benefits of Microsoft office tools cannot be overemphasized. Learn how to use Microsoft word, excel, power point, etc.
- Microsoft Excel is used in offices across the country to manage and review data.
- Understanding power point will aid you in creating powerful presentations.
- Microsoft word will help you to create good-looking documents
7. Learn Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a powerful graphic editor. You should be able to do simple photo editing
8. Writing Posts
Preparing materials for print or maintaining an online presence through a blog takes impeccable writing skills. You should improve in your writing skills.
9. Inbound marketing.
Reaching the right audience relies on converting––through clicks or making phone calls––which leads to sales. Learning the ways to connect right off the bat can boost your marketing abilities.
10. Google Map
Learn how to use google maps to get direction
Add yours in the comment box below…
Like This Article? Subscribe To Get More For Free!
Click Here To Roll With Me On Instagram Or You May Want To Click Here To Follow Me On Twitter
Latest posts by Isaac Inegbenehi (see all)
- Uniben Direct Entry Slip Reprinting For Exam Date And Venue For 2017/18 - October 19, 2017
- £2,500 Leeds University Business 2018 School Scholarships, UK - October 19, 2017
- 2018 International Scholarships At University Of Aberdeen, Scotland - October 19, 2017