Wondering how to get confirmed gce syllabus? This is the official 2020 waec gce syllabus for Shorthand. You may click here for how to pass waec gce 2019/2021 or click here for waec gce syllabus for all subjects.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Two passages will be dictated at 80 words per minute with an interval of 2 minutes. The syllabic intensity of the passages should be 1.35 – 1.40.
Each passage will last for 3 minutes. After the last passage, 5 minutes will be allowed for candidates to read through their shorthand notes before the commencement of transcription.
All transcription must be done on the typewriter. The use of English and Shorthand Dictionaries is allowed. The examination shall be of 1 hour 13 minutes duration (6 minutes for dictation, 7 minutes for intervals and 1 hour for transcription).
- Business Matters
One of the passages for dictation shall be business in nature e.g. Letters, Memoranda, Reports, and any other related topics.
- Literary Matters
The other passage shall be literary and within the experience of the candidates. It shall not be technical or controversial.
NOTES ON THE EXAMINATION
- Candidates must provide their own typewriters, shorthand notebooks, and other writing materials.
- The shorthand notes may be written with either pen or pencil. The shorthand notes must be attached to the transcripts.
- Specially marked typing papers will be supplied by the Council. No typing paper other than those supplied by the Council may be used.
- Candidates shall not be allowed to make any carbon copy.
- The shorthand readers shall be allowed access to the passages twenty minutes before the dictation commences.
A preliminary passage of 2 minutes duration will be dictated before the commencement of the actual examination to enable candidates to become accustomed to the reader’s voice. The preliminary passage must not be transcribed and does not form part of the examination.
- The candidate’s shorthand teacher may be appointed to dictate the passages. The invigilator must check the dictation and note errors or deviation from the total time allowed for each passage. A signed certificate of the actual time taken should be returned with the completed scripts.
- As quarter-minute indications printed on each passage. Care should be taken to articulate the words very distinctly. Punctuations must be indicated by the inflexion of the voice and in no case dictated.
- The reader is expected to leave the examination hall immediately after the dictation, taking away with him the shorthand passages. These should be returned to the Council or an official of the Council where one is available. On no account should the passages be left with either the Invigilator or Supervisor.
Read Also: How to pass waec gce without expo
- First course – Pitman
- First course review – Pitman 2000
- Pitman 2000 Phrase Book
- First Dictionary – Pitman 2000 shorthand
- 700 common words – Pitman 2000
- Office skills magazines
- Speed development – Pitman 2000
- Speed builder – Bryan Coombs
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING O LEVEL GUIDE
- Waec Gce Syllabus 2020 And Hot Topics For All Subjects
- SSCE Series Part 8: 5 Reasons Why Many Good Christians Fail Waec And Neco
- SSCE Series Part 14: How To Develop The Habit Of Reading
- SSCE Series Part 7: How To Clear All Your Papers In Waec Or Neco 2020
- SSCE Series Part 28: How To Pass Mathematics In Waec And Neco 2020
- Waec Gce Syllabus 2020 And Hot Topics For All Subjects - May 22, 2020
- How to Create a LinkedIn Profile And Page in Nigeria - May 22, 2020
- SSCE Series Part 8: 5 Reasons Why Many Good Christians Fail Waec And Neco - May 22, 2020