You need to be able to read, understand or write well to pass examinations like Waec, SAT, Neco, IELTS, TOEFL, Jamb CBT and so on. However, you need to be able to speak good English to pass interviews, Oral Examinations and Mingle well with people outside your country.
Do you wish to improve your spoken English this year 2020? Follow the 10 simple steps below:
OTHERS ARE LOVING A. BEST APPS FOR JAMB, WAEC, NCEE, IJMB AND BECE B. FREE VIDEOS FOR BECE, JAMB, WAEC AND POST UTME
- Learn the meaning and usage of every new word you come across. Install a good dictionary on your phone to Check words and meanings. You can use Google if Dictionary isn’t sufficient for you.
- Read more books. The more books you read, the more English words and sentences you are exposed to.
- Get English textbooks for brighter grammar.
- Take note of how people pronounce common words. You can also learn the pronunciation of words using Google search, Google Translate, Google assistant or any English too known to you.
- Watch movies with great command of Spoken English. Watch more foreign movies with subtitles.
- play songs that can positively influence your spoken English.
- keep company with people who do speak good English.
- Not just learning, try using every new word and line you learn. Don’t be concerned about your friends. They may laugh at you today, but they will laugh with your tomorrow when you grow.
- Comment on blogs and Education forums. Make sure your comments are above 50 words. Watch the replies from others, this will boost your confidence.
- If you don’t have someone to constantly speak English with, you can take a book and begin to write accurate English sentences. You can as well record yourself as you speak, listen to your recordings and monitor your progress.
Recommended: Commonly misused English words
Hope you have learnt something new today? Feel free to let me know how you feel using the comment box.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?