Jamb Regularization: What is the meaning of Jamb regularization, how do I know that I am to do Jamb regularization, Jamb regularization deadline, how much is Jamb regularization form and what are the procedures to do Jamb regularization. The salient questions above shall be treated today.
Jamb Regularization is a topic so many candidates are confused about. It took me a very long time to understand what Jamb regularization really means and why you should do regularization.
Jamb Regularization simply means the reconciliation of your OND/ND/NCE/HND admission between your institution and JAMB. JAMB regularisation is also known as LATE APPLICATION on JAMB website.
When you got admitted into your previous school, Polytechnic, College of Education, etc. It was possible that you didn’t write Jamb or receive an admission letter from Jamb. This implies that you don’t have Jamb registration number and your school didn’t notify Jamb of your admission.
Should I Do Jamb Regularization?
This is not funny, because you might not have been aware if not that you want to obtain direct entry form, or you want to go to NYSC. Follow the steps below to know whether you are to do Jamb regularization or not:
- Go to www.jamb.org.ng
- Scroll to the year you wrote your jamb (e.g 2019)
- Click on Check Admission Status
- Enter your Jamb number and click enter.
You are meant to get a message, showing your details, school, passport and the course you studied in ND/NCE/HND. If you saw your admission details, then you don’t need to regularize. Just go ahead and apply for Direct entry (DE).
But if you got a message like ”˜Sorry no admission is given yet”˜”¦, then you need to regularize before applying for direct entry/NYSC.
How To Do Jamb Regularization
1. You need to create Jamb profile or login to your existing Jamb profile. You may click here to create or login to Jamb profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the sidebar
5. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
13. Click Submit to complete your application
14. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
15. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
16. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
17. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
18. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
When Is Jamb Regularization Deadline?
Jamb may not announce the deadline for regularization. Your direct entry form closing date is what you have to consider. But try to follow the procedures above to do your Jamb regularization.
Note: The same procedures apply to prospective NYSC corpers who want to go for NYSC but are facing Jamb regularization problems.
See Also: Five persons you need to be successful
Feel Free to share this article with friends using the share buttons and don’t fail to drop your questions in the comment box.