It is better to Submit Posts to Google than to be Reported to Google. Some bloggers create quality content while others happily copy. No blogger will be happy to see you copy and paste their content. The case is worse when you don’t link back or make reference.
There are many reasons bloggers copy and paste content. In any which way, copy and paste without backlinks, modification or reference is bad. But I’m not here to condemn you for plagiarism. This article simply covers what to do if another blogger files a DMCA case against your blog post.
When you’re reported to Google, the URL in question gets removed from Google Index. Simply delete the post and move on with your life if the article isn’t so important to you. Otherwise, contact the blogger you copied from and settle things.
If the post drives reasonable traffic to your blog, plead with him that you want to retain and modify the content. After settling things with the original owner, fill the DMCA counter-notification form. Since you have ironed out the issue with him, he won’t respond to the counter-notification. At such, your post will be back to Google Index.
Not Guilty? Simply file a DMCA counter-notification if you didn’t copy from the person. If you give valid reasons and get justified, your post will return to Google and retain its ranking.
NOTE: If the content on the page was infringing at the time the original removal request arrived, your counter-notice is not legally valid. Do not submit a counter-notice if there was illegal content, even if it’s now been removed.
How to File DMCA Counter-Notification
- Visit DMCA Counter-Notification link here
- Select your Country and enter your full name
- Enter Your Title (Mr or Mrs) and Company Name (Blog Name)
- Enter your Email, Phone Number and Address
- Enter URL(s) of the content in question
- Choose why you want your post back from the options provided
- Provide details to justify your claim in the given box
- Swear that what you said is correct by ticking the checkbox
- Submit the DMCA form
The Following are Words from Google:
- It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Never sell counterfeit goods. Counterfeit goods contain a trademark or logo that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from the trademark of another. They mimic the brand features of the product in an attempt to pass themselves off as a genuine product of the brand owner.
Recommended: How to make your blog faster
Hope you found this article on how to create counter DMCA notice helpful? Feel free to share with others using the share buttons and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box.
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. FREE BLOGGING AND SEO VIDEOS C. GET MY LATEST POSTS FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING BLOGGING GUIDE
- How To Prepare And Pass Post UTME 2020 In One Week - May 31, 2020
- Pass JAMB, Post UTME And WAEC With Flashlearners Apps - May 31, 2020
- Top 6 Best Tecno Phones To Buy In Nigeria (June 2020) - May 31, 2020