SEASON 1 EPISODE 3: How To Choose Your Blog Niche, Domain Name, Hosting, WordPress Guide And How Much You Need To Start Blogging.
Hello! You are welcome to the most anticipated Episode of learn blogging and SEO with Isaac. Hope you enjoyed the previous episode? Here is another beautiful episode that will completely blow your mind.
Quickly tighten your seat belt, take a glass of chilled water and let’s begin the journey of about 40 minutes.
Now, you may be wondering, how does this episode change the price of garri in the market? As usual, let me quickly take you through what this wonderful episode has to offer:
- Meaning of Blog Niche.
- How to choose a suitable niche.
- Best Niche for students who want to blog.
- Best blogging niche for elderly ones.
- Recommended niche for those who are not good at writing.
- Easy Niche for couples.
- High paying Niche.
- Why you should avoid some niche.
- Domain name.
- Quality of a good domain name.
- How to choose a perfect domain name.
- What is hosting?
- Hosting companies.
- Recommended hosting companies.
- How much you need to start a blog.
- Blogging platforms.
- The blogging platform I recommend; WordPress.
- 10 bitter truth about blogging.
- 30 reasons why you should still blog.
Note: Episode 2 is a prerequisite for this Episode. It is imperative you go through the last episode so as to get the necessary information needed to move at resonance frequency with us….. Click here to read Episode 2.
Now the details……….
RECOMMENDED A. GET JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP
Blog Niche | Domain Name | Hosting And More…
In Biology, we were told that a niche is a microhabitat within the main habitat where an organism is confined to.
Let me break this down…
In every university, there are various faculties and departments. And no matter how intelligent you are, you cannot study four courses at the same time.
Even in secondary school, you can either be an art or a science student.
Relating the above illustration to the blogging world, we can liken the term Niche to the course you are studying in school. Therefore, Niche means the topic you are blogging about.
Simply, Niche means topic.
If I should ask you a simple question, what do you know about CNN, BBC, Naij, Vanguard and so on… I will simply get the keyword NEWS in your reply. That speaks about Niche.
If you blog about the news, then you are running a news blog. If you review phones and laptops on your blog, then your niche is Technology.
In addition, if you write on topics that have to do with boyfriend and girlfriend you are running a relationship blog.
With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince and not to confuse you that Niche means topic… Thank you!
Assignment: Those who blog about celebrities are running what type of Blog Niche?
HOW TO CHOOSE A SUITABLE NICHE:
When was the last time somebody said to you, “you are different?” Be careful of unhealthy comparison.
Don’t do things because others are doing it….. Life is not to compete but to complete.
Most persons diving into the ocean of blogging want to write about everything. Unless you are running a personal blog (where you can blog about everything), you should choose a topic and stick to it.
If you like to write about Politics, write only about Politics. If you like to write about colleges and universities (school news), stick to education niche only, if you like preaching, keep preaching and so on….
Don’t say, “Mr “A” runs a news blog and he is successful, therefore, it pays more and I will go into it”. Joshua Abuwa said, “The success of others doesn’t mean that you are failing”.
Just look for what creates the desired result for you. What works for Peter may not work for Paul (Peter and Paul them be two nor be one).
BEST NICHE FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT TO BLOG:
Students generally have time and are eager to learn. Are you a student but still thinking about the best Niche for you? Then worry no more because I am about to give you suggestions…..
If you are a successful student, then write about the secrets of academic excellence plus questions and answers bank. If you don’t do well in school, write on the top 50 reasons why students fail.
If you are in a relationship and the boy or girl keeps breaking your heart, then it is time to become a relationship counselor. You know what to blog about in this case right?
Do you love phones? Then dive into technology. There is no harm going into celebrity gossip, politics or school news if you are a good editor.
You can as well start up something that is not existing already. Uniqueness always pays.
This is what I am trying to say, choose a topic you enjoy and that you can write on without much struggle.
If you don’t like creating unique content then don’t follow my path because you will run out of ideas. Anytime you see an exact article like mine somewhere else, I am very sure the person copied it from here.
Writing and creating a non-existing content is what I enjoy and do without struggle….. Going through six of the articles below will make you understand what I am trying to explain:
- 8 Signs that you bought gala with your school fees.
- How to last longer in Night class.
- How to pass google Adsense second review process.
- How to study for long hours without losing concentration.
- 12 Stupid mistakes Uniben students make in 100L.
- How to create a high quality and SEO friendly article.
See Also: How to become a great writer overnight.
What if I can write on anything? Then creating more than one blog and write on different niche.
BEST NICHE FOR ELDERLY ONES:
Based on their experience, I will recommend counselling, relationship or religion blog for old men and women. This is because the niche doesn’t need frequent updates; unlike news blog where you have to post articles every minute to keep relevant.
Like I said, this is just a suggestion. You can still choose any other Niche that you can cope with. No harm or strings attached…..
RECOMMENDED BLOG NICHE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT GOOD AT WRITING OR HATE WRITING:
By not good at writing in this context, I mean those who are not very creative or cannot create content on their own. If that is the case, consider the 10 options below:
- Get news updates, edit them, and post in your blog (News Niche).
- Run a music blog where the only thing you need to do is upload songs. All you have to write is “Don moen, Sinach, Davido, Wizkid. 2baba, Ayefele, etc just dropped a new song and it is a hit. Use the button below to download and enjoy the song”. Very simple…..
- You can also try out a tech blog, where you review phones and laptops e.g Samsung has released the long awaited galaxy S9 with amazing specifications… Such as 8gb ram, 64gb rom, 21 mega pixel, 4000 mah battery, and before you know it, you are home and dry.
- You can create a blog where you can sell things online….
- You can as well create a blog for listicles…….Like, top 10 best players in the world, top 10 education blogs in Nigeria, 10 articles on Flashlearners, 10 phones you must buy. People love listicles.
- Create a blog to promote a brand.
- And many more……
EASY BLOG NICHE FOR COUPLE:
Do you want to run a blog with your husband? Then try out mentorship blog, awareness blog and lifestyle blog.
Relationship and marriage topics will be very easy for you to write about. You don’t need to struggle or do research to know the possible challenges in marriage. It is what you are already experiencing.
HIGH PAYING NICHE:
Many blogging niche are high paying, however, the following pay more…
- Technology blog
- News blog.
- Entertainment and Celebrity gossip.
- Blogging and Wordpdress Tutorials.
- High quality product review and a few others.
WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID SOME NICHE:
The so called high paying niche are very competitive and already saturated. It will be very hard to succeed there. However, you can still make it there if you really mean it……
According to Wikipedia:
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control within the Internet.
Domain names are formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS). Any name registered in the DNS is a domain name.
That’s a big grammar right? Let me make life easy for you. Domain name is a name given to your your blog. Example of domain names are:
- bbc.co.uk and so on…..
Simply, domain extension is what comes after the dot in your domain. E.g .com, .co.uk, .ng, .co.za, .org, .blogspot and so on….
Quality Of A Good And Perfect Domain Name:
Before choosing a domain name, there are certain properties you need to watch out for. Do you want to know?
Quickly look at the properties of good domain name and how to choose one.
- Your domain name should be short.
- It should be easy to recall, e.g flashlearners.com, cnn.com.
- It is advisable you use a top level domain such as .com and .org.
- It should be relevant to your bog niche, e.g livescores.com and goal.com.
- Your domain name should be easy to write.
- It should be unique.
- Creating a domain that exactly matches your topic is great for SEO (Exact match domain).
- Avoid hyphens!
- Use the name you know that people would like.
Domain Meta Description Or Tag Line:
Meta description is a sentence that describe what your domain is all about. The mata description I use here at flashlearners is ” Your #1 Source For Educational And Career Information ……..“.
How Much To Get A Domain Name?
Depending on the extension and whether it is a premium domain, getting a domain name may cost between $2 to $3000. In Naira, you could get a domain name as from #1500 per year.
Th good news is that certain hosting companies offer free domain name for the first year. I didn’t pay for my Flashlearners domain the first year. Ipage is one hosting company that offers free domain.
WHAT IS WEB HOSTING?
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center.
And According to Isaac: Web hosting is the process of making your domain name accessible to the whole world.
Hosting companies are companies to offer to host or put your blog online for a yearly payment. Your hosting company houses all your files and keeps your database. Few examples of hosting companies are…
HOSTING COMPANY I RECOMMEND:
With time, you would be expose to different hosting companies and then decide which one to migrate to.
Now, if you are yet to start a blog and still thinking about the hosting company to start with, then I will recommend Hostgator or ipage.
Ipage has all the features you need to start a blog. With ipage hosting, you can have unlimited domains, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage and 24/7 support via live chat.
UNLIMITED DOMAIN means that you can add more domain name to your hosting without being charged an extra hosting fee.
UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH means that there is no limitation to how many visitors you can have in your blog.
All your Website FILES can be accommodated plus SUPPORT from caring customer cares via ipage live chat.
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO START A BLOG?
Two factors are responsible for the amount you need to start a blog.
- Do It Yourself: If you are ready to learn and good at anything related to computer coupled with the fact that you can use free themes and plugins, then you can create a simple blog with wordpress. I will teach you how to host and create your blog before the end of season 2.
- You Want Help: If you want someone to help you do everything, then the price will be higher.
Now, back to the question, “how much do you need to start a blog in Nigeria and the world in general?” Let me face this question…
If you fall in the category of do it yourself and wants to use ipage hosting, #13,000 or $35 is enough for you to start your blog today.
On the other hand, if you want someone to do it yourself, then the price is negotiable. It should usually range from #20,000 and above….
I am a web designer but don’t come to me if you don’t have 70k or above. That what I charge to create a blog. I create high quality and SEO friendly blogs plus premium frameworks. There are better guys that can create a WordPress blog for you at a very cheap price.
Bitter Truth About Blogging:
Blogging is not a tree where you pluck money and it is not an easy source of income. Blogging requires dedication and hard work plus creativity.
30 Reasons Why Should Blog:
I was surprise that this article and many others made front page on Nairaland. Set of lazy bloggers copied my content and share it on nairaland.com as their own to get traffic. I hope you are still getting traffic from your copied content sha?
You may not always go free when you copy my articles. Ask many bloggers what happened to them the last time they did. Warning!!!
You may want to see the complete article… Use the link below…
BLOGGING PLATFORMS, REGISTERING A DOMAIN NAME AND HOW TO START YOUR BLOG IMMEDIATELY
I will teach you how to host your blog with complete installation screenshots, how to install and set-up WordPress. However, these topics are beyond the scope of episode three. I will completely treat then in the next release…..
Ensure to have at least #13,000 in your account if you want your blog to be live in the next episode.
EPISODE 4 RELEASE DATE: Out already, click her to read it
……. Best Regards!……….
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST UPDATES FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING BLOGGING GUIDE
- Learn Blogging SO5E2: Check How Your Blog Or Website Looks On Different Devices
- Solution To Pictures In Uploads But Not in WordPress Media 2020
- Google Analytics Real Time Different From Metric Total (Active Users)
- How to Check Your Blog Health Without WordPress Plugin 2020
- What to Do If a Blogger Reports You to Google (DMCA)