If you’ve ever sat down for hours or days to Create Original Content, you would understand how painful it is for your content to spread across blogs without your permission. It is time to Report Bloggers.
In the world of blogging, there are bloggers and as well “copy bloggers“. Bloggers spend hours writing posts that add value while copy bloggers duplicate them within minutes without reference.
Since I started flashlearners.com, I have noticed a whole lot of bloggers copy my content back to back. I actually thought they would change until I began to see the replica of my blog across the internet.
Recommended: How to create your own content
Many bloggers just wait for you to create content while they copy. The most annoying thing is that they would copy the content to their blog and share big forums, thereby getting traffic from the articles. Some even outranked original owners of the post in Search engines.
The good news is that you can shut down any blog copying your posts from existence. There are many ways to report stolen content; I will list three of them and fully explain the one you should try.
Ways To Report Content Theft
- DMCA Take Down
- Hosting Take Down
- Google Webmaster Copyright Removal Notice
- Contacting offender directly
The first two methods can take down the person’s blog. The person you reported would lose traffic and have to start over. This is the next step I would take when am done with number three and any stupid blogger is still found wanting.
Webmaster Copyright Removal
- Visit the Google webmaster copyright removal page using this link
- Enter your contact information
- Under “Identify and describe the copyrighted work”, copy any paragraph from your post that matches with the copied content
- Where can we see an authorized example of the work? Provide URL(s) where an example of the copyrighted work can be viewed. This will be used by our team to verify that the work appears on the pages you are asking us to remove.
- Location of infringing material: Provide the URL(s) of the allegedly infringing material that you are asking us to remove.
- Under the sworn statement, tick the three checkboxes.
- Enter your date and name as your signature
- Fill in the captcha.
- Click on Submit
That’s all… You have successfully reported the URL to Google and the copier will be dealt with.
I hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to share and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box.
Recommended: How to do Onpage SEO for your blog