Google Panda Algorithm Update: Like I promised in the introduction, this season shall cover the major Google Algorithm updates in an interesting and simplifed manner. Right now, Episode 2 presents you with The Google Panda Algorithm Update and how it affects you as a blogger.
Now, a question comes to mind, ” What is Google Panda Algorithm Update and who has it helped?” Google’s Panda Update is an algorithm or search filter which was launched by Google in February 2011 and continually updated. The Google Panda is also called Farmer.
Another question comes to mind, “What does Google’s Panda algorithm do and how does it affect search results? Panda update was launched to stop blogs with poor quality content from working their way into Google’s top search results.
That is to say, Google Panda update ensures that you get the exact information you searched on Google. Before now, blogs with very low quality content do find their way in the Google search results. However, user experience and quality of search results has improved overtime.
You may also be wondering how some low quality sites still find their way into Google front page. This is because they have not been fetched and hitted by Google Panda. When Google Panda update hits you, your low quality articles will be unindexed and your entire blog may be wiped out of Google results. You may want to see more information about crawling, indexing and ranking here.
The best way to overcome Google panda update is to improve the quality of your blog. Google’s Panda is updated from time-to-time. When this happens, sites previously hit may escape, if they’ve made the right changes. Panda may also catch sites that escaped before.
There are so many interesting things every blogger should learn about Google Panda Algorithm Update. I will prefer to put them in lists for you to easily appreciate and understand them. Let’s begin the journey…
History Of Google Panda
Just like Google Android, Panda has been updated severally. Checkout the Google Panda Algorithm updates and the year they were updated. According to Moz, the following are Google Panda Algorithm changes and dates they occured…
- Core Algorithm Incorporation: January 11, 2016.
Facts About Google Panda Algorithm Update
- Google Panda takes the quality of a site’s content into account when ranking sites in the search results.
- Google Panda Algorithm Updates hit blogs/sites which publishes large amount of low-quality content.
- The Google Panda algorithm also fight sites with duplicate content.
- Don’t let ads in your site be more than your content. Ensure a good user experience so as to benefit from Google Panda update.
- One signal of a potential Panda penalization is a sudden drop in your website’s organic traffic or search engine rankings correlating with a known date of an algorithm update.
- To overcome Panda update, Abandon content farming practices and improve the quality of your blog.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?