WordPress Image Optimization has come to stay. Apart from the fact that Images make users more engaged, they also have great SEO value.
However, the size of your images can directly affect the time your web pages will load. Thus, the importance of image Optimization plugins to your WordPress blog.
If you are concerned about your page load time, then you must take image optimization very serious. In various speed testing tools (like Google PageSpeed insight, Gmetrix, Pingdom and WebPage Test), the size of your images affects your score.
- 1. Best Image Compression Plugins For Your WordPress Site
- 2. Best WordPress Image Optimisation Plugins & Features
- 2.1. EWWW Image Optimizer
- 2.2. WP Smush
- 2.3. Imagify
- 2.4. Kraken Image Optimizer
- 2.5. TinyPNG
- 2.6. ShortPixel Image Optimizer
- 2.7. Optimus
- 2.8. Compress JPG & PNG Images
- 2.9. ImageRecycle
- 2.10. Media File Renamer
- 2.11. CW Image Optimizer
- 2.12. Hammy
- 2.13. PB Responsive Images
- 2.14. SEO Friendly Images
- 2.15. BJ Lazy Load
Recommended: Best WordPress plugins to rank well
In my quest to reduce the sizes of the requests on my site, I have experimented with so many WordPress plugins. I have come to the conclusion that indeed some plugins are far better than others.
RECOMMENDED A. GET JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP
In this article, I will list the top 15 best Image Optimization Plugins For WordPress and their important features. Ensure not to use more than one WordPress image Optimization Plugin at a time.
Best Image Compression Plugins For Your WordPress Site
- EWWW Image Optimizer
- WP Smush
- Kraken Image Optimizer
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer
- Compress JPG & PNG Images
- Media File Renamer
- CW Image Optimizer
- PB Responsive Images
- SEO Friendly Images
- BJ Lazy Load
Best WordPress Image Optimisation Plugins & Features
Here, I will list the 15 best plugins and there important features. For more details about them, free free to visit the WordPress Plugins directory and search them for more details. To install any of them, and for guide, use the plugin installation link here.
EWWW Image Optimizer
- Can optimize new and existing images.
- It speeds up your site without reducing the quality.
- Optimization occurs within your own server.
- Offers a cloud optimization feature.
- Can optimize JPEG, PNG and GIF.
- It is very easy to install and use.
- It can automatically optimize all your existing and new images.
- It has both free and paid version.
- You can optimize images individually.
- It is from developer of Wp-Rocket plugin.
- It supports bulk optimization.
- It allows image resizing.
- It has backup option.
Kraken Image Optimizer
- It enables image resizing.
- It keeps backup of original images in cloud.
- Supports JPEG, GIF and PNG.
- Preserves selective inage EXIF data.
- Automatic compression for new images.
- No file size limit
- Bulk optimization
- Resize image features
ShortPixel Image Optimizer
- It helps improve the loading speed of your site
- It optimizes your images without affecting quality
- It supports both lossy and lossless compression
- You need to get an API which you can use for more than one site.
- Restores original images
- It has free and paid version
- It supports PNG and JPEG
- Supports Progressive JPEG
- Supports WebP conversion
- Can optimize Images up to 70%
Compress JPG & PNG Images
- Compresses JPEG and PNG to speed up your site.
- It automatically optimizes your site by integrating it with popular image compression sevices like TinyPNG and TinyJPEG.
- It offers drastic compression.
- You can choose maximum resolution for your uploaded images.
- In addition to JPEG, GIF and PNG, it supports PDFs.
- All plans support multiple websites.
- Supports restoration of original images.
- Compress existing images
Media File Renamer
- Renames your files by updating their title.
- Automatically update image links
- It boosts your SEO.
CW Image Optimizer
- Can optimize images automatically and losslessly
- Can optimize new and existing images
- It creates small smaller sized version of the images from your content
- It offers a great user experience
PB Responsive Images
- It creates perfectly sized images.
SEO Friendly Images
- It is highly optimized for search engines
- It will automatically add alternate atributes to all images
BJ Lazy Load
- It loads the images as users scroll down. This improve the page speed of your site.
- Replaces your original images and thumbnails with placeholders.
Others On The Series....
Must Read: Complete season 1 of my blogging series Important: Full Season 2 of my blogging series Recommended: Complete Season 3 summary Read Also: Season 4 of learn blogging and seo RECOMMENDED:Latest on the series
RECOMMENDED A. JAMB, POST UTME AND WAEC APP B. JAMB, SSCE AND BLOGGING CLASS C. GET MY LATEST UPDATES FOR FREE
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. I WANT TO SEARCH B. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE C. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO D. VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT E. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS F. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE G. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
TRENDING BLOGGING GUIDE
- Learn Blogging SO5E2: Check How Your Blog Or Website Looks On Different Devices
- Solution To Pictures In Uploads But Not in WordPress Media 2020
- Google Analytics Real Time Different From Metric Total (Active Users)
- How to Check Your Blog Health Without WordPress Plugin 2020
- What to Do If a Blogger Reports You to Google (DMCA)