Have you ever checked Jamb Admission Status and it still shows Not Admitted? There are two things involved. It is either you are yet to be admitted or won’t be admitted at all.
There is hope for you if Admission is still in progress for that year. On the other hand, If your school has stopped giving admission then you have missed admission for this year.
The fact that you are refused admission to study at the University this year is not the end of life. Put yourself together; you are not a failure. You can always come back stronger next year.
There are many reasons you may not gain admission even with a high score in Jamb and Post UTME. You may want to see them here.
1. Stay Calm And Don’t Lose Hope
Your mindset determines your life set. Do not give up or lose hope. After all, the university only denied you admission this year and not forever. Another time, your name will be on the admission list.
2. Don’t Rush And Buy Jamb Form
Socrates was a great philosopher, whose image and thinking was associated with the word of the Delphic Oracle (Man, know thyself). He made a statement I love so much, “The unexamined life is not worth living”.
You were rejected the first, do not reapply immediately. Instead, go to your closet and begin to examine yourself. Begin to trace where you missed it. Whether in Jamb or in Post UTME. Ask yourself questions like
- Why did Jamb not give me admission?
- Why is my name not on the school first and second batch admission list?
- Could it be that I did know the best way to prepare for the exams? or I wasn’t prepared at all?
- Did I forget what I read in the Jamb and Post Jamb Hall?.
- Did I even understand or remember what I read? Something may have happened in the exam hall.
There is certainly something you have to tell yourself about it. Make sure you are not guilty before pointing fingers.
Remember, telling yourself the truth is honesty while telling others is integrity. You may not want to tell your parents the truth, but tell yourself.
3. Build Yourself For The Next Jamb
Now, it is time to build yourself. You may be asking, what should I build in myself? Nice question. You need to build your mental capacity so as to be able to face the admission challenge next year.
The truth of the matter is that the admission process is always going to be more competitive. You need to constantly update and build yourself so as to be able to stand the test of time. Yesterday’s information cannot help you to solve tomorrow’s challenges.
Things To Build In Yourself
- Build your focus
- Build your power of assimilation
- You need to step up your study life.
- Build your imaginative power.
- Build up your speed
- You need a mental build-up.
4. Read And Follow The Rules
To become a principal, you must be ready to follow principles. Every exam has rules and pattern you need to follow. Read all the rules, terms and conditions carefully.
You may have been denied admission as a result of your failure to follow the rules and regulations given by the examination body. If this is true, it is time to clear all your past mistakes.
Is it through UTME you are seeking admission or other means? Make sure you follow instructions. Go through the syllabus and study past questions like never before to understand how to behave in the exam hall.
5. Re-Apply And Prepare
It is time to start the process again. Apply for Jamb UTME 2024 or the examination that will catapult you into the university. Do not make any mistake in the application process. You need to study like never before.
As you prepare, always remember that you are competing with thousands of applicants. Get the right materials, syllables and study timetable.
- Reasons why you may fail jamb and what to do now
- How to overcome poor performance in any exam
- How to pass Jamb by all means
Regardless of whether this is your second or third attempt at applying for admission through JAMB, it’s important to maintain a resilient mindset and not give up. Remember, the fact that others were admitted before you doesn’t necessarily mean they are superior to you. Your determination and dedication can still lead you to success if you truly believe in yourself.
Admissions processes can be competitive and unpredictable, with various factors at play. It’s crucial to stay motivated and focused on your goals. Here are some strategies to help you navigate through the challenges and increase your chances of success:
1. Self-Assessment and Improvement: Take the time to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses academically. Identify areas where you can improve, whether it’s in specific subjects or study techniques. Seek additional resources, such as tutoring or online courses, to enhance your knowledge and skills.
2. Expand Your Options: Consider applying to a broader range of institutions or programs. Explore alternative universities or colleges that align with your interests and have a higher acceptance rate. Be open to exploring different fields of study that may still align with your long-term goals.
3. Seek Guidance and Support: Reach out to mentors, teachers, or academic advisors who can provide guidance and support during this process. They can offer valuable insights, review your application materials, and provide recommendations or references that strengthen your application.
4. Enhance Your Extracurricular Profile: Engage in extracurricular activities that showcase your leadership, teamwork, and personal development. Participate in community service, sports, clubs, or volunteer work. These experiences can help differentiate your application and demonstrate your well-roundedness to admissions committees.
5. Consider Alternative Pathways: If you’re determined to pursue higher education but are facing challenges with traditional admission processes, explore alternative pathways such as foundation programs, diploma courses, or vocational training. These options can provide valuable skills and qualifications that can eventually lead to further educational opportunities.
Remember, perseverance and a positive mindset are key. Keep working hard, stay motivated, and believe in your abilities. With determination and strategic planning, you can overcome obstacles and achieve your goal of gaining admission.
Feel free to let me know how you feel via the comment box and don’t fail to share this article with friends via the share buttons below.
Which state do plan to apply?
I failed 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Isaac Inegbenehi says
Calm down, it is not the end of life. Accept the even and come back stronger
Do you mean you failed jamb or what?
Kennedy Ikechukwu says
Pls which intituion in lagos can be best to study architecture
Isaac Inegbenehi says
Pls does fuotueke university sell supplementary forms? Pls it’s urgent and is it on now and at how much Pls. Thanks in anticipation.
Dappa, Rowland Junior says
Please I got 21 in my Post UTME@ Rivers State University of Science & Technology, is there any possibility of me gaining admission?
Sir please I got 203 in jamb and 30 in post utme do I av the chance of gaining admission to study political science in unizik
Sir I got 203 in jamb and 30 on post utme do I av the chance of gaining admission to study political science in unizik
Good day sir I got 52 in my post utme and my departmental cut off mark is 57 and on jamb website it is showing not admitted do I have a chance in getting admission. I had 233 in my jamb and my course is industrial relations and personnel management. Or will I be given another course? Thank you sir
i got 185 as my aggregate can i use it to gain admission to Unn
can i use 189 to study education and CHEMISTRY in U.I
Pls sir,i scored 201 in jamb nd also i had d7 in physics.can i still study medicine and surgery in delsu or should change my course to nursing science.
Is there any possibility that i’ll be given admission with these results?
Pls i really need ur advise cos am confused.
Goood day sir vhich school can i apply for elect/elect that has the same standard has unilag ithout having f/maths in my waec gce result pls help a brother this have beeen keeping me at home for the past two years.pls help a brother out.THANKS
Isaac Inegbenehi says
UNIBEN and many other schools do not require further maths for you to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering
rita chioma says
I still see submitted,Does that mean that I was not admitted
Isaac Inegbenehi says
Everyone’s kofa account shows submitted. That’s not an issue
adewale grace says
i want to know if mapoly will be giving addmission dis year cuz d rumours pple are carrying around
I study office technology and management in the polytechnic and I wish to apply for direct entry to the university to study Economics, please is it possible for the course diversification?, would the university offer me the admission for Economics?. please I need advice on what to do. thanks
Ahemonkhae Jesse says
I applied for science lab tech at Uniben till now I have not been giving admission. its so painful cause this will be my 3rd time writing jamb and I have lost the zeal to read most of my classmate and juniors are in school
Isaac Inegbenehi says
In destiny, overtaking is allowed. If you can perspire, you will acquire. Keep on keeping on
U AR GREAT NEVER LOSE HOPE
i also went for medicine and surgery ….unilorin scored 293 but nothing was given to me. ….that doesn’t mean I have to quit I’ll still re write the jamb again kW matter what rubbish schools are doing all I kW is that no problem last for ever …..I have people who look up too me and who believe I can be something in life……so edrain when u have a reason to keep going then ull have no reason to quit..
I scored 264 in jamb and i ampplied for medicine and surgery in uniben,i still didn’t gain addmission,taking another jamb is just so difficult for me,it hurts so much when i hv to read my secondary school books over again??
Can someone pls tell me what to do?
Isaac Inegbenehi says
I was the Head boy and best student in my secondary school. I had same issue. I got admitted after my third Jamb. It was very annoying since I read back to back. Some persons I taught gained admission before me. I was patient and focussed. Later, I realized why the best students in secondary school usually have admission issue. That is one of the reasons I started flashlearners. Go through my articles on exam success and general life style. It will reveal things to you . I wish you the best.
There are other means of gaining admission oder than jamb
rick choose says
I like this blog very much so much good info.