Have you ever wondered why you feel sleepy immediately you start reading? Worry no more because I am about to share the possible reasons you feel sleepy while studying. Since I am in a very good mood, I will also let you know the possible solutions.
Before I proceed, it would interest you to know that mathematics is not as difficult as you think. In fact, it is one of the easiest subjects to pass. Take a look at how to fall in love with mathematics here or continue reading for why you always feel like sleeping while reading.
Back to the topic, Why You Feel Dizzy Immediately You Start Reading A Book. Without wasting much time, the following are possible reasons why you feel sleepy immediately you pick up a nice book to read.
- You read immediately after eating
- You didn’t get enough sleep
- The environment is too conducive
- You are tired
- The book is not engaging
- The book is not entering
- You have a fever
- You don’t have the appetite to read.
- You don’t jot down while reading
- You have pressed phone for too long
I will now explain the points above one after the other for a better understanding.
You Read Immediately after Eating
As you return to your study after eating, you may wonder: Why do I feel like sleeping and lazy instead of much energy to read? It is normal to feel little sleepy after eating lunch while your food digests.
I know you want to pass your examination by fire by thunder. But, relax a little after eating before you continue reading.
Recommended: How to remember 90% of what you read
The following are ways you can cure dizziness after eating:
- Choose foods that take longer to digest, such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. High-sugar foods and refined carbohydrates (like white bread, white rice, and potatoes) digest rapidly and increase the risks for postprandial hypotension.
- Drink plenty of water, especially before a meal. Drinking a glass or two of water can increase the amount of blood volume in a person’s body so that their blood pressure is less likely to drop.
- Eat several small meals in a day instead of a few large meals. Because the body uses more energy and blood flow to digest a large meal, eating small meals can reduce dizziness after eating.
- Get up slowly during the first hour after eating as this is the time when dizziness after eating is most likely to occur.
- Avoid foods known to trigger dizziness such as caffeine, alcohol, and high-sodium foods.
According to msdmanuals, Postprandial hypotension is an excessive decrease in blood pressure that occurs after a meal. Dizziness, light-headedness, and falls may occur.
You Didn’t Get Enough Sleep
This applies to those who wish to study at night without sleeping off. Anytime you have plans to study, make sure you get a little sleep before opening your book. Otherwise, you will feel dizzy immediately you start to read.
The Environment is too Comfortable
It is good to study in a place that is best conducive for you. But studying in a too comfortable environment sends a signal to your brain that it is time to sleep. The following are conducive situations that would make you fall asleep immediately you start reading:
- On top of your bed
- a warm armchair
- Extremely quiet environment
- under an air conditioner, etc
You need to check which of the above doesn’t work for you. For example, you may feel okay studying under an air-conditioner but sleepy when reading on your bed.
Recommended: 20 things to do when you don’t feel like reading
You are Tired
One of the reasons you feel dizzy immediately you open book to read is that you force yourself to read even while you are exhausted. Reading is supposed to be enjoyed and not endured.
Blessed are students who are tired; they should try to get enough rest before reading. Otherwise, dizziness will set in. It’s simple, don’t read while you are tired.
The book is not engaging
Some books are very boring. Immediately you open them, your eyes will start closing. The best time to study boring books is when you are very active and happy. You may also want to read such boring books with your friends.
Read Also: 25 other words to use instead of very
The Book is not Entering
Nothing makes you frustrated and dizzy when the book you are reading is not even entering.
So many candidates try hard to study for their examinations but it appears that what they are reading isn’t entering.
If you are in such a situation, I have a solution for you. Quickly check out what to do when the book is not entering.
You have a Malaria
It is normal to feel dizzy and sleepy while treating Malaria. In this case, all you need is to take drugs and eat very well. In a very short while, you shall be fine.
You don’t have the Appetite to Read
In life, you don’t enjoy what you hate. A good appetite is what makes reading interesting. You will not truly enjoy reading until you develop a strong appetite for reading. Read the ten commandments to revive your dying appetite for reading.
You Have Been Online For Long
Never mix social networks with reading. After spending hours on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snap chat, it becomes difficult to engage in active reading. This is because your brain has already adapted to the fun part of life. Instead, reading before you start pressing phone. This is based on my personal experience.
What To Do
If you feel sleepy while reading, simply put down the book, stand up, walk around, stretch, maybe even drink coffee or cold water. Maybe pick up the book while you’re walking and read.
If that doesn’t work, let yourself fall asleep, but as you begin reading, set up an alarm for maybe 30 minutes and let it wake you. If you are a deep sleeper, tell someone around you to wake you up at a time, t.
Most times, reading with earpiece can help you overcome the initial urge to sleep. Click here for more information on whether or not to study while playing music.
Finally, jotting down points while reading keeps you awake.
Recommended: How to love chemistry
Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to share with others and don’t fail to let me know how you feel via the comment box.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
- I WANT TO SEARCH
- COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE
- ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO
- VACANCIES AND RECRUITMENT
- LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS
- ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE
- SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS
- UNILORIN Post UTME Form For 2020: Cut Off Mark Is 180 - Aug 9, 2020
- UNICAL Post UTME Form Out For 2020 (Cut Off is 160) - Aug 9, 2020
- Junior Waec (BECE) 2020 Registration And Examination Date - Aug 7, 2020